We are starting yet another month of Blogging Marathon. Next month it is going to be 50th edition, 4 years on and we are going strong every month. I m happy to be one of the few members who started BM with +Srivalli Jetti from Month 1. It is been a good journey so far, we have so many different themes every month. Valli though the deciding person on the themes, but she involves us also a lot, asking us to think challenging themes, giving us a month-long time to be well organized with our BM posts. Apart from just posting recipes and commenting, we have a good discussion on various topics every month. So, a lot of learning has happened in this 4 long years!! So, if you are interested to be a part of it, then valli has just announced BM#50 themes, check it out and sign up immediately. Yes, the seats are limited!!! 🙂
Coming to this week's theme: i chose Say Cheese!! I will be posting some cheese recipes in the coming days. My pantry always has a stock of 2 or 3 cheese. We love Cream cheese, cheddar cheese slices, mozarella, paneer, Mascarpone, Curd cheese/Labneh, i even posted a spiced labneh few days back. I had quite a few recipes to post and so was in a dilemma which one to post first. Then decided to do the cheese paratha, which is a simple recipe and can be quickly made if you have the ingredients ready at hand.
For the dough
2 Cups of Whole Wheat Atta (I use Al Baker, Chakki fresh Atta)
1 Cup of warm water
2 tablespoon of oil (butter/ghee can also be used)
Salt to taste ( i don't add salt to chapathi dough)
For making Cheese Paratha
Cheddar cheese slices
Pepper powder/chili powder(optional)
- I used my food processor for making the dough. You can hand knead it too. I make dough in bulk and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use as i need.
- Take flour, oil and salt(if using) in the processor bowl. Pulse it twice to mix evenly. Now slowly add water and start kneading the dough. Knead for about 2-3 minutes to get soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to another container and keep it covered until use.
For the Cheese Roti/Paratha
- Divide the dough into balls. The number depends on how big you roll your roti's. I divide the dough into 8-10 balls.
- Dust the rolling surface and the dough ball with flour and start rolling out the dough into a circle. Place a cheese slice in the centre of the circle and close it like an envelope covering the cheese slice from all 4 sides.
- Now again, dust it with little flour and roll it into a square/rectangle. Do not press hard or thin, otherwise the dough might tear and cheese might ooze and stick to the rolling surface. Prepare as much as roti's as you want.
- Heat a tava/flat pan, place the rolled roti on the hot pan and cook on both sides until brown.Roti's should normally cooked at a high flame, flipping both sides quickly. Once you flip both the sides once, the roti will puff up well. Remove the puffy roti, add a dollop of butter on top and serve it immediately. I served it with Potato Dal
Sending this to Kids Delight - Say Cheese, happening @ +Padmajha PJ's space, an event by +Srivalli Jetti . And also to Breakfast event, happening @ +srivalli jetti's space.
So awesome! I like how you have placed whole slices inside the paratha. That should be so cool when we open it up.....I am going to try this for my kids when I make paratha next time.
I love the pic in which it has puffed up on d tava ! So inviting !! Am not a Cheese person but my girls love this..
Nice idea to use the slices. Love the way you have folded.
I saw the pics on FB and wondered what Paratha was that...oh I ove these cheese Parathas and make them for my. Grand kids...they puff up exactly like this..awesome..and the kids go ga ga over them.I
yummy delicious paratha.
Wow so cheesy and tasty looking parathas.Awesome..
Using cheese slices is a novel idea. Love the picture of the puffed up paratha.
Love the idea of using cheese singles. The puffed out parathas are tempting.
Wow..loved the pic where the paratha has puffed up gorgeously like a cushion! Superb idea!. Will sure try.
I love that idea... my kids would love this as they are mad about their cheese...
Priya, thank you so much for the wonderful intro you give for the BM group, ..:)..yes I loved this pic on FB, now I know what you used..Kids would simply love it!
Wow, that cheesy parathas is torturing me..irresistible..
I am drooling over these parathas.
Wow Priya, the parathas puffed up so nice. Nutritious and yummy ones.
Wow what a yummy cheese paratha Priya. I make cheese roti for my kids with grated cheese, but putting the whole cheese in the middle is very cool. will try this one out real soon. Thanks for the idea.
This is my kids favourite and making it with slices is a great idea.