6 puff pastry squares or 3nos long puff pastry sheets
6 plump strawberries
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp castor sugar
9 Hershey kisses or any other milk chocolate
2 tbsp granulated sugar for garnish
- I used puff pastry squares, so joined 2 squares to form one sheet that is 7 inch long.Dust your work surface with flour, lay the squares interlacing in the ends and roll them with a rolling pin to form one sheet.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar and chop the each strawberry into 3-4 slices. Lay the puff pastry sheet and spread a tbsp of cream cheese in the middle of the sheet. Place 6-8 chopped slices of strawberries and top it with 3 Hershey kisses chocolate.
- Cut 4-5 plaits for the braid on each side of the pastry sheet. Close the top inside and start braiding the strips together. While nearing the end of the braid, first close the bottom flap inside and close the last braid.
- Brush the tops of the braids with with milk and garnish the top with granulated sugar. Bake the braids in a preheated oven at 220C for about 25-28 minutes or until the tops are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven let it cool completely. Serve them dusted sugar.