Apple Tart, quick and easy to make dessert with fresh apples and puff pastry sheets. A great make ahead dessert, pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.Jump to Recipe
Table of contents
🥟 Why Puff Pastry ?
Why not? First of all, it is easily available here, i know it is tough to source in some places. Secondly it is easy to shape them, as i type this recipe, i m getting, another 4 recipe ideas using them.
When i shared the strawberry braids made using puff pastry in FB, people thought it is rocket science. No, not at all, if i can do it, so do you.
Seriously, i suck pretty bad, making something beautiful. My friend calls me 'Thatakai', a demon from Indian Mythology. I cannot handle anything delicate, cannot do dainty cut veggies or beautiful looking shapes while cooking.😈
One of the most tedious task for me is to cut veggies thin, it was so frustrating while i was trying to make apple roses, i made 3-4 attempts, just because i couldn't cut apples thin! 😰
So, people if you want a quick dessert, that looks pretty and tastes a billion bucks then this Apple tart is for you.
📋 The Ingredients for the Apple Tart
- Puff pastry, every grocery stores have it here, i always have a pack in my freezer. We need one 6x6 pastry sheet.
- Apples, i have used Royal gala, we get a variety of apples here, recently i tried them with the soft Iranian apples too.
- Spices, i have used cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg powder along with vanilla for the tart. All these spices give a warm feeling as the tart bakes.
- Butter, better not to miss it. I have not tried a vegan replacement in this recipe.
🥧 How to make French Apple Tart
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions.
- Thaw your pastry, remove the pastry from the freezer and stash it in the fridge for atleast 2 hours. 30 minutes before making the tart, remove the pastry to the counter.
- Wash the apples and cut it into thin slices. Take it in a bowl and toss it with lemon juice and spice powders.
- Roll the puff pastry into a 6 inch square. Poke with a fork all over. Brush it with butter. Arrange the apple slices neatly overlapping each other.
- Brush any leftover juices over the apples, refrigerate the tart for 10 minutes. Bake it in a preheated oven until golden brown
- Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You can share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
🍎 More Apple Recipes
French Apple Tart | Apple Tart with Puff Pastry
- Convection oven
- Measuring spoons
- 1 no puff pastry square (6x6)
- 1 no apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of clove and nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoon butter for brushing the pastry sheet
- 2 tablespoon apricot fruit jam or any fruit preserve to brush on the warm tart
- juice of a lemon
- Remove the puff pastry sheet from the freezerand thaw it in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Just 30 minutes,beforemaking the pastry remove and keep it on the counter
- Wash the apple and cut it into thin slices. Take them in a wide bowl, add brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, clove, vanilla extract and mix well. The apple slices must be coated well with the spices.
- Flour your work surface well, remove the puff pastry to the work-surface and roll it into a square of 6 inches. using a fork, prick all over the pastry sheet.
- Place the rolled pastry sheet on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush the surface generously with butter.
- Arrange the spice-coated apples neatly on the pastry sheet, overlapping one another. The dessert looks pleasing to the eyes, because of this arrangement of apples, so be patient and arrange properly.
- Spoon 1 or 2 teaspoon of juice on top of the apples. Keep the prepared pastry for 10 minutes inside the fridge for 10 minutes. Preheat the Oven to 220C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the pastry for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is evenly brown and apples look shriveled. Baking time varies from oven to oven, so bake accordingly.
- Remove the tart from the oven to a wire-rack. Brush the tart with fruit jam, while it is warm. let it cool well. Cut the tart into 4 and serve it warm with a generous scoop of Vanilla Ice-cream.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
These pretty looking french apple tarts are quick and easy dessert to make to satiate your dessert pangs. A great dessert to make for parties and get-togethers just pair it with a tub of ice-cream