- Take Peas, green chilies and ginger in a mixer, grind to a fine paste. Since i used frozen peas, i didn’t add any water, if the mixture is dry, then add 2-3 tablespoon of water to it while pureeing.
- In a wide bowl, add besan/gram flour, peas puree, salt, sugar, combine well. Add around ½ Cup – ¾ Cup water to make batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the baking powder and 2 teaspoon of water. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a greased thali. I used two 6-inch flat plates. Tap the thali twice for even spread of the batter.Steam for 12 to 15 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. When done, take it out of the steamer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the mustard seeds.When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, green chillies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a second, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add 2 tablespoon of water and mix well. Pour the tempering over the dhoklas.Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- If serving late, heat it in a microwave for 20 seconds and serve warm
Sending this to CCChallenge happening @ Cooking4allseasons, by +Srivalli Jetti and Let’s Brunch on Sunday’s.