2 tbsp Coriander seeds
2 tbsp Chana Dal
3 tbsp Kollu/Kulith/horsegram dal
3 tbsp Walnuts
2 tbsp white sesame seeds
4-5 red chilies (i used long variety)
- Dry roast each ingredient separately until golden brown. While roasting sesame and walnuts, switch off the flame and roast them in the residual heat.
- Let the ingredients cool completely. Take them together in a small mixer and grind them to a powder.
- Do not run the mixer continously, since walnut and sesame would release oil and will become butter. So pulse the mixture, to get a almost fine powder.
- The powder might look all clumpy, spread it on a plate and let it rest for a while, it will separate. Store the powder in an air-tight bottle.
- To Mix it with rice, for 2 fistfuls of cooked rice, just add a tsp of this spice mix with a tsp of gingely oil and adjust salt and mix well. Enjoy with any crisp of dry curry on the side.