Pasta salad, a quick and easy meal with boiled pasta and veggies of choice put together with minimal dressing.Jump to Recipe
If you are following me in FB/instagram, you must have noticed that i m sharing a lot of salad pictures recently. Yes, we are including a salad everyday as part of our regular meal.
I keep the dressing minimal and use just ACV, salt and pepper. If you don't like ACV you can use lemon juice instead. Salads help us to eat fresh veggies as much as possible. Something very simple to include as part of our daily routine, that gives so much health benefits.
About the Recipe
Coming to todays recipe, who doesn't love pasta? Both my kids love pasta, and because of them i learned to cook it properly. I can proudly say, i do have a winning pasta dish, Instant Pot Masala Pasta.
Today's pasta salad, is quick and easy recipe that can be made even by a kid. This recipe was shared by asiya omar ji, a fellow blogger who brought this pasta salad for one our bloggers meet. The salad was super hit and we immediately asked for the recipe, she too shared it with us.
It is a very simple recipe, just cook pasta according to package instructions, add some fresh veggies and lentils, dress according to your preference and tadaaaa, it is done.
- Pasta, i have used fusilli, you can use any medium pasta variety, you can use elbow pasta or even farfalle.
- Vegetables, go ahead and be creative, i have used carrots and peas, cherry tomatoes in this salad recipe. You can also include cucumbers and bellpeppers too
- Lentils/Legumes, i have used cooked ground nuts/peanuts in the salad, it is purely optional
- Dressing, I have kept it simple with Olive oil. pepper and red chili powder.
Pasta Salad | How to make a Pasta Salad | Vegan
- ½ cup fusilli pasta or elbow pasta or farfalle
- ¼ cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup ground nuts
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 nos cherry tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Cajun spicemix
- Red chilli powder
- Blackpepper powder
- Chili oil
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Take care the pasta should be cooked al dente.
- Cook peanuts with little salt, until soft. Drain the excess water and keep aside. Add Frozen peas to ½ cup of water and microwave high for 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and keep aside. The drained water from all this can be used in soups or in rasam or any other gravies.
- Now let's put the salad together. In a large bowl, add pasta, the cooked peanuts and peas. Add shredded carrots. Add your desired seasoning as per your choice.
- I have used 2 pinches of red chilli powder ,a pinch of pepper powder and salt. Drizzled olive oil on top. Garnished it with cherry tomatoes and serve.
- You can also add cucumbers, capsicum and onions to the salad.
- You can also use boiled chickpeas instead of peanuts. Or any other boiled beans instead of peanuts.
- A tadka of fresh green chili can also be tried, instead of other seasonings.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
Good to see you back. The addition of groundnuts sounds so good.
Wow, you guys have a meet, fantastic Priya, hope u had super time with them.. Pasta salad looks prefect for me.
My 18-55 would refuse to get into my hands I guess :D. But the other two are quite friendly with me :D. Anyway good to see you back!
My fav kind of salads are pasta salads....yours look vibrant and wonderful!
Pasta salad looks wonderful.Boiled groundnuts must have given a nice taste.
What an interesting and colorful pasta salad!
Hehe... I have only used my kit lens all this while, but ever since I got my 55 mm, I am playing with it more now... my 55-300 lens is safely sitting in my camera bag, maybe when we go outdoors next week, I may carry it with me just to check if it is still ready to cooperate with me... hehe... I also made this salad a couple of times, it was so sweet of her to get it... 🙂 Lovely pics as usual dear... 🙂
I like how you've added peanuts to your pasta salad.
Love the conversation between you and your lens. THis is such a flavorful salad and you have done a total justice by feeding this to the blog to bring it out of starvation 🙂
I am big fan of these pasta salads. Keeps you filled.
so nice to get to meet blogger friends in person. like the addition of the nuts ..unique twist to pasta salad
I love these pasta salads though I never got around making it..thanks for sharing, I won't mind making it myself soon..its always fantastic meeting bloggers..
Wow meeting fellow blogger friends is always so much fun. That pasta salad is very innovative with boiled peanuts and the spices. Sounds delicious.
Boiled peanuts in a salad sounds so yumm. Been a while since I had them.
Simple and healthy salad. I have never tried adding penuts in pasta salad. They must be tasting Yum.
Interesting fusion I would say, the addition of green peas to a pasta is so different. Looks very colourful as well
Simple seasoning and addition of peanuts.. now that's a perfect pasta salad to enjoy as a light meal. Would love to try using Sriracha powder as I don't have cajun spicemix.
Wow, Priya I live the addition of peanuts n peas to pasta salad. The spice mix is awesome, must have been very tasty.
Crunchy pasta salad is one of my favorite and looks too tempting. Love the idea of using cajun spice mix. Next time going to try this way.