Radish raita, quick and easy dip to make with radish and yogurt. This quick condiment takes no preparation at all, gets ready in literally minutes.
Radish raita | Raita with radish | Daikon radish raita | Yogurt dip | Curd recipe | Side dish for pulav | Biriyani side dish | One pot meal side dish | Summer recipe | Recipe under 10 minutes | Bachelor cooking | No Cooking recipe | No cook recipes
Raita - Indian Style Yogurt Dip
Raita is a side dish in Indian cuisine made of dahi/yogurt/curd, together with raw or cooked vegetables, sometimes with fruit. Check this delish grapes raita made of fresh grapes.
The yogurt dip can be seasoned with fresh coriander, roasted cumin seeds, fresh mint, chaat masala and other herbs and spices. Sometimes herbs alone can also be made into a raita, like this coriander mint raita or this ajwain leaves raita.
Unlike western condiments like horseradish or mustard that makes a dish more spicy and punchy, raita has a cooling effect to contrast with spicy dishes, it is served with.
Whenever i make mixed rice or biriyani, i make a simple raita and serve it along with some papad. The usual raita contains, chopped cucumber, onions, sometimes grated carrots, roasted cumin powder and salt. The spice and seasonings are adjusted to taste preferences. Check this mixed vegetable raita made similar to the above description
Check this Cauliflower, paneer & peas rice served with Coriander mint raita
I served this refreshing radish raita along with Mong ketchir , Kashmiri special moong dal khichdi.
- Main ingredients : Fresh daikon radish and yogurt. You can also use the small red radish to make this raita.
- Spices : I have used 2 finely chopped green chilies, cumin seeds along with salt in this radish raita
- Garnish : I have used fresh mint leaves as garnish. You can also add some crushed walnuts for a crunch. A tadka with mustard oil, and red chili powder will take the flavors up a notch.
Radish raita | Dodhe Mujh Chaitin | Yogurt Dip
- 1 daikon radish, grated medium sized
- 2 green chili, finely chopped adjust according spice preference
- 1 cup whisked yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds roasted
- salt to taste
- few leaves of fresh mint for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoon roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- Grate the radish and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a wide bowl. add the squeezed radish, finely chopped green chilies
- Add whisked yogurt to this along with salt and roasted cumin seeds. Mix well to combine.
- I have used fresh mint leaves as garnish. You can add the other garnishes mentioned in the list.
- I served this refreshing radish raita with mong ketchir.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.