What is the use of ice-cream toppings, without ice-creams!!! That too, after i posted the magic shell topping, some of my friends asked me the recipe for the yummilicious stick, i posted with the topping!
I usually stock frozen fruits in my freezer, for a quick smoothie anytime. While sorting the freezer, i thought of making something interesting with the fruits for the boys. All i could think of was this ice-cream, luckily i had some coconut milk too. Just whipped them together and tada, delicious and healthy snack ready.
As i was blending, my lil one saw the beautiful color of it and almost licked a cup of fruit cream as such from the bowl, what ever was leftover, i just froze it in a ice-lolly mold. Even my not so fruit-friendly elder one, loved this ice-cream and enjoyed it with the chocolate topping.
This recipe, doesn’t have any added sugar, it is naturally sweetened by the fruits, if you want, you can add little sugar while pureeing. The vanilla extract and coconut milk adds a nice flavor to the ice-cream. Some might not like the taste of frozen banana, that case feel free to reduce banana to 1 and add some more coconut milk for a rich creamy texture.
Ingredients (Makes 5 ice-cream lolly stick)
2 nos frozen bananas (Read Notes)
10 nos frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
a tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
1/3 cup of coconut milk (optional)
Magic shell ice-cream topping
- Frozen fruits are preferred for this recipe. I usually have frozen berries in my freezer, for a quick smoothie for my breakfast. If making with fresh fruits, freeze them for atleast 3-4 hours prior to making this.
- Take frozen banana and berries in a food processor, add coconut milk to this and blitz together to form a nice smooth cream. Add a splash of vanilla extract, and blend again. Spoon the fruit puree into ice-lolly moulds and freeze atleast for 4 hours minimum.
- While serving, run the ice-lolly mould for a second under tap water, remove the ice-cream and drizzle some delicious magic shell chocolate syrup and serve immediately.
- The Ice-cream can be made just by simply pureeing the fruits alone without any milk or flavoring, some might not like the taste of frozen bananas, in that case coconut milk and vanilla helps to mask that flavor well, you can also reduce the banana to 1 and add some more coconut milk for a rich creamy texture.
- If not vegan, you can use heavy cream instead of coconut milk. The ice-cream is naturally sweetened with the fruits, if u want it to be more sweet, add 1/4 cup of sugar while blending it to puree.