3 nos green peppers/capsicums - you can use any color, i had only green, so used it.
1-2 teaspoon of oil + ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder + ¼ teaspoon of salt mixed for brushing the capsicums
For the filling
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 large onion, chopped fine
1 tablespoon tomato puree
½ teaspoon red chili powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
¼ cup green frozen peas
¼ cup frozen corn
3 tablespoon chopped cashew-nuts
2-3 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
1-2 teaspoon oil
¼ teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera seeds
Salt to taste
- First prepare the filling, Chop onion thinly, Heat oil in a pan, crackle cumin, next add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Next add tomato puree, followed by red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well. Add green peas and corn and ¼ of water. Add salt to this, mix well. Let it cook for the masala to mingle well.
- Once half the liquid is absorbed, add the cooked rice and mix. Let it sit for another 6-8 minutes, for it to become dry. Take it off the stove, add chopped mint and cashew-nuts and mix well. Set aside until use.
- Wash the green peppers well, and cut them vertically into two. Keep the stems intact remove the seeds and the inside white membrane, carefully without tearing up the pepper.
- Now brush the capsicums well with the chili-salt oil inside out. I used my pie-pan to bake the peppers. Use a wide-pan that will accommodate the peppers well. These are not going to rise while baking, so they can fit snugly touching each other.
- Grease the pie pan/baking tray or line it with parchment. Place the peppers inside the pan. Spoon the filling into each pepper , about 2-3 tablespoon in each.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil, and bake it again for another 15 minutes. If you like you can top the peppers with some grated mozzarella at this time and bake for a gooey, pepper.
- Once done, remove the peppers from the oven, let it come down to eatable hot, and hog!!!