Its December already, time really flies. Its Sweet Punch time, this month we can bake something of our choice. I chose to bake Vegan Banana Bread from Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen. Bakes with banana are always moist and it has that chewy nature. But this Bread, trust me, was fluffy!!! We loved the texture and the taste!! thanks to Champa for a wonderful recipe
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup All Purpose flour
1/3 Cup of Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp of Nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3 large Banana’s mashed about 1 and 1/2 cups puree
2 tbsp Flax meal mixed with 6 tbsp of warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a Loaf pan with Parchment paper.
- sift together Whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a bowl, combine banana puree, sugar, oil, Cinnamon and nutmeg and flaxseed meal water.
- Combine Dry ingredients into Wet ingredients. Mix to Combine.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared tin and Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Once done, Take it out of the oven, cool on the wire rack. Slice and enjoy.
Sending this to Bake Fest Event Happening @ Spicy Treats, an event by Vardhini of Zesty Palette, Lets Cook #10 – Baked Goodies Happening @ Tickling Palates, Serve It – Baked Sweet, Happening @ Krithi’s Kitchen and Dennys
Wishing all my friends a Very Happy Kaarthigai Deepam.