Cauliflower, paneer and peas rice is a mixed rice made with fresh/leftover rice. An easy to make rice recipe during weekdays.
Mixed rices like this are my favorites, as i get to spend less time in the kitchen and at the same time, make a nutritious meal with vegetables, satiating the tastebuds of everyone at home.
Like i told you in paneer poha post, my kids love paneer, which as vegetarians, is our protein source. So, I try to add paneer wherever possible.
This cauliflower, paneer and peas rice is a quick recipe to make during the weekday rush. A perfect lunch box recipe.
This rice recipe also fits the party bill. This recipe can be made easily for a large crowd, it can be made ahead and warmed just before serving
Similar rice recipes
- Dhaniya podi saadam/coriander seeds rice
- Ginger & Garlic rice
- Araichapuli saadam/Tamarind and coconut rice
Cauliflower, paneer & peas rice
- 1&½ cups Sona masuri rice/basmati rice
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green peas i have used frozen
- 100 grams paneer indian cottage cheese
- 2 nos medium sized tomatoes
- 2 nos green chilies
- a small piece of ginger
- handful of fresh coriander leaves plus some for garnish
- handful of fresh mint leaves plus some for garnish
- few curry leaves
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 nos cloves
- 2 nos green cardamom
- a small piece of cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- Wash the rice with water and cook it in a microwave or in a rice cooker or in a open pan adding double the amount of water. The rice should be separated. You can also use leftover rice for the recipe
- I cooked my rice in microwave. Adding 3 cups of water at power 80 for 27 minutes. Clean the cauliflower and cut them into florets.
- Take tomatoes, chilies, ginger, and the greens in a mixer/chopper and blend it smooth with 1/4 cup water.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil, when it is hot, add cumin seeds, immediately add the ground tomato mixture and saute for a minute.
- Take the ingredients given under spices in a mortar-pestle, except bayleaf and pound it to a powder. Add this to the tomato mixture along with bayleaf and mix well. saute for another minute
- Next add the cleaned cauliflower florets, followed by peas. Add red chili flakes, turmeric powder and salt to this and mix well.
- Next add the paneer cubes, add 1/4 cup of water to this. Simmer the flame, cover and cook for the veggies to get tender. It wil; take around 8-10 minutes for the cauliflower to get tender.
- Remove the cover, check the doneness of the veggies. Next add garam masala to this and mix well.
- Next step is to add the cooked rice and mix well. Finally add fresh coriander leaves and mint leaved. Switch off the flame, keep it covered until serve.
- Serve this delicious rice with raita. i served it with coriander and mint cucumber raita
- This recipe is made with freshly cooked rice. You can make it with leftover rice also.
- I have kept the veggies simple cauliflower, peas and paneer. You can make the same recipe with veggies of your choice.
- Instead of whole spices, you can use any good quality biriyani masala also.
I made this Cauliflower, paneer and peas rice for our weekend lunch and served it with coriander and mint cucumber raita.
Some other interesting raita recipe
Check out what my BM buddies are doing here.