Savory Chia pudding, delicious chia pudding with cucumbers and carrots soaked in buttermilk and topped with green chutney. A perfect breakfast to start your day.Jump to Recipe
Chia is my favorite for breakfast, though i have tried it as dessert with coconut milk and fruit options many times. But i do not prefer sweet things for my breakfast, i need spicy, tangy deliciousness for breakfast.
So, i experimented with chia and buttermilk. Oh my the first time i tried it with turmeric mint chutney it was out of the world. From that time, i have chia pudding once a week. It is a simple no-fuss breakie. Just soak it up overnight, add the chopped veggies, add some chutney and you are done.
The chutney makes it more interesting, change your chutney and you will have a different flavor everytime. I have even had it with some chana masala, paneer masala, anything spicy works like magic.
How to make Chia Savory Pudding
I usually soak the chia seeds overnight for my breakfast. Chia seeds needs to be soaked a minimum of 30 minutes. But for me, soaking it ovenight, helps to get my breakfast ready when i m hungry in the moring.
For savory chia pudding, i soak the chia seeds in buttermilk. I haven’t tried any vegan option for this savory pudding, will update once i try it.
Once the chia is ready, all swelled, add green chutney to it, mix well. Top it over chopped veggies, i have used only carrots and cucumbers. Take it a serve bowl, enjoy. The above step-by-step pictures of chia pudding is with some crunchies topped.
Sweet Chia Recipes
Savory Chia Pudding | Savory Breakfast Pudding
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup buttermilk use ½ cup curd and ½ cup water
- ½ no carrot, thinly sliced into roundels or shredded
- ½ no cucumber, thinly sliced into roundels or as per choice
- 2 tablespoon mint chutney check recipe here
- salt to taste i never add
- Soak chia seeds in buttermilk atleast 30 minutes ahead. I usually soak 4 hours minimum. I soak it around 7 in the morning and have it for breakfst around 10:30 or 11 am.
- Once the chia is ready, there is nothing more to do. Add mint chutney to the bowl, mix it well, add chopped cucumber and carrots to it. Mix well and enjoy.
Enjoy this spicy and tangy savory chia pudding for a scrumptious and healthy breakfast. You can keep changing the chutney added the pudding to get a different flavor everytime.
Chutney to experiment
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter