What caught my attention is their Diphaphata, pronounced Dee-pa-pat-ta. It is such a quick bread, all you need is an hour,to make and eat them. They are soft, puffy and amazing with some cream cheese. Oh yes, warm diphaphata and some cream cheese, it is heaven and a big glass of Orange juice, will complete your breakfast.
Source : here
Ingredients (makes 6 largish breads)
- Take together flour,sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Now slowly add milk to this flour mix and start kneading to make a soft dough.
- Take the dough to a flat kneading surface, I used my kitchen counter, Knead for 2-3 minutes to get a smooth dough.
- Keep the dough covered and let it rest for 15 minutes. After the given time, Dust your work surface with flour and start rolling out the dough about ¼inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or sharp bowl cut out roundels about 4-5 inches in diameter from the dough. I made 3 big rounds and 3 small rounds.
- Heat a flat griddle,when it is hot enough, place 2 diphaphata's on the hot pan, reduce the heat to medium let it cook for minutes on one side, flip and cook the other side too for another 2 minutes.
- They should well browned on both sides. The bread will puff up well while cooking. Smear oil on the griddle while cooking, to prevent the bread's from sticking to the pan.
- Enjoy the bread warm with your favorite spread, I enjoyed my diphaphata, with some warm homemade apricot jam and few with cheese slices.