Chocolate peanut butter, delicious homemade sandwich spread with roasted peanuts and chocolate.
A quick and easy sandwich spread that takes only 10 minutes to make. Since it is homemade, it is free of all the preservatives and additives.
When you have young kids at home the one constant word is "i m hungry". Though we try to cook healthy and make fresh meals all the time, there are few moments when you want something magically appear from the bottle to pacify their sudden hunger pangs.
This healthy homemade spreads come in handy for those times. I keep a loaf of bread handy and both my kids help themselves with some quick sandwiches with the spread. Me too happy as they are indulging in something homemade and little less processed.
This smooth chocolate peanut butter is also good for travel. Pack some homemade flatbreads and a jar of this spread, you can have a yummy snack anytime. The spread comes handy as a dip too, fresh apples and some chocolate peanut butter on the side, you might notice more apples are been gobbled.
On the whole, this chocolate spread is a handy dip/spread in your kitchen to make your day better in many ways.
- Peanuts, use good quality peanuts, i get mine in a nearby spice shop, skinned peanuts are better.
- cocoa powder, i usually use Hershey's or Cardbury's brand cocoa powder. This can also be omitted to get a good old plain peanut butter
- Sugar, recommended if making for kids, if this for adults try replacing it with agave nectar or sweetener of your choice, i personally have used only sugar.
- Oil, this gives the spread the necessary viscosity that allows the spread to be spreadable.
- Spices, i haven't used any, but if interested add a good pinch of cinnamon or clove to your nut butters for a nice aroma.
Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Food Processor
- 1cup Skinned peanuts6-7tbsp powdered sugar4tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder2tbsp Oil¼tsp Salt
- 1 cup skinned peanuts
- 6 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon oil any flavorless oil, i used sunflower oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium flame and roast the peanuts to golden brown color.
- I used skinned peanuts, if you use peanuts with skin, after dry roasting, remove the skin and use. Let the roasted nuts sit for 2-3 minutes and cool.
- Take the roasted peanuts into the food processor jar and pulse them a few times. Then grind it to a fine powder. Mix and scrape down the sides as needed.
- I have used my small jar of my food processor. Continue grinding until the peanut butter is smooth and shiny. I preferred a bit grainy, not chunky, teeny bit grainy.
- Add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt to the peanut mixture and continue to grind until well mixed. Scrape the sides of the jar as you grind. Grind until the mixture is creamy and shiny.
- Finally add oil and process it once more until well mixed.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a clean, glass jar and store in the refrigerator. It will stay good for a couple of weeks.
- Refrigerated peanut butter, might go a bit thick, so, let it rest for 10 minutes on the counter before using it as a spread on sandwiches/roti. I made some yum peanut butter crescent rolls.
- If using salted peanuts, avoid using salt in the above recipe.
- Above given sugar is fine for us, but if you prefer your spread to be sweet, increase it to ½ Cup.
- The sugar in the recipe can be replaced with alternate sweeteners.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
Very tasty and am a big fan of homemade stuff. Thanks for sharing the recipe
wow thats an interesting chocolate flavored peanut butter 🙂 looks yumm , I wud love to finish them as is 🙂
Sooooo delicious, am planning to make some soon.
this is just so good!!! my kids would love this...
looks yummy n delicious...
Looks so delish and such an easy thing for us to do ourselves right..
Simple and delicious. Bookmarking it and H is going to love it.. 🙂
Good one to keep in the fridge for emergency chocolate cravings.
Looks delicious and so easy to make.
That is one delish recipe.
Wow.. Too tempting & yum.. Will never be able to resist..
OMG. all I need is a slice of apple to dip into this!
Like Mir said, my little one would love to dip apple in the sauce!
Homemade peanut butter is always best. And this chocolate peanut butter looks super tempting. I am sure kids will love the taste. I would love to have it with brown bread as well as paratha.
Such a creamy and amazing peanut butter chocolate spread. Can enjoy them guilt and additives free. Looks so tempting
Chocolate and peanut butter looks irresistible. Home made butter is the best as we know what goes into it.