1 cup whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose flour also)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil/butter
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla ice-cream to serve
For the Sauce
1 cup boiling water
1 tbsp coffee powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder. To this sifted flour mix, add brown sugar , coffee powder and mix well.
- In a measuring cup, take milk, vanilla extract and add oil to it and mix. Add this liquid to the flour mix and using a spatula and mix. Mix it in the same direction and be gentle.
- I have used 3 small bowls to bake the pudding, you can either bake it a square brownie pan or as individual servings in ramekins. If using ramekins you might need 6-8 ramekins.
- Grease the baking bowls with oil/butter and divide the batter amongst the baking bowls. Fill the batter only up to half. You will be adding boiling water on top for the sauce. So do not fill the batter till the rim.
- To the boiling water, add coffee powder and divide the liquid amongst pudding bowls, do not stir.
- Bake the pudding for 25-28 minutes. Remove it from the oven. Serve it warm with Vanilla ice-cream on top.