1 Cup All-purpose flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ Cup Crisco Shortening
1 tablespoon of Water
¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Dulce de Leche for Making the sandwich
- Preheat Oven to 200C. Line a Baking tray with Parchment paper.
- Whisk together Flour and Salt. Using an Electric mixer, Beat Crisco shortening, vanilla extract, water and Sugar together, until smooth and creamy.
- Add Flour-Mix to Crisco Mix little by little and knead well to make a soft,pilable dough. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out and Roll them out and Cut into desired shape using a cookie cutter. I simply, Pinched out small balls out of the dough and flatten them to make small disc.
- Place them on the baking tray and Bake for 12- 13 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Take it out of the Oven, Let it cool on the Wire Rack.
- Once it is Cooled, Make the Sandwich!!!! Take a Shorbread, apply ½ teaspoon of Dulce de leche on the inside and press it with another shortbread. Enjoy!!!!