Eggless Condensed Milk Cake | Cherry Cake | How to make almond cake | Recipe for eggless cherry cake | Easy condensed milk cake | Eggless cake with almonds | Vanilla cake with condensed milk | Step by step instructions to make Almond Cherry Cake | Moist Cherry and almond cake | Recipe for Almond and Cherry cake
Eggless almond & cherry cake, a soft and fluffy cake with almond meal and bright ruby red cherries. A mildly sweet cake, with crunchy almond topping.
Doesn't that picture look gorgeous!!! Ohh this almond and cherry cake was a super hit at home. Growing up I never liked cherries, I remember leaving out the cherries that come with the black forest pastry or the ice-cream sundaes, luxury treats once in a while.
After marriage, it was my husband, who ate that left-out cherry, but then the taste grew on me, now I like these slightly bitter, tart cute red thing.
If you are following my posts this month, I m doing a baking marathon, redoing my old bake posts with some decent pictures and content. I literally had to cherry pick which baking post is getting redone. If you are wondering what those posts are check this Tag Bake-a-thon 2022 for the list.
Table of contents
Cherry & Almond Cake
Today's Cherry and almond cake with condensed milk is yet another old post. A soft and fluffy cake with amazing flavors. The almond meal added to the flour mix gives the cake a nice nutty flavor and crumbly texture. The cherries in the cake adds a nice bite and pretty sight to the cake.
This almond cherry cake, is a great dessert cake for your next party, serve it with a big dollop of whipped cream and cherry sauce for a festive look.
Ingredients To Make Eggless Cherry Cake
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Almond meal, I have used approximately ½ cup almond meal in this almond cherry cake, adds a nice nuttiness and crumbly texture to the final cake.
- I have used both baking powder and baking soda in this Eggless almond cake recipe.
- Sweetener, this fluffy almond and cherry cake uses condensed milk, which also doubles us a egg replacement in the recipe.
- Fat, I have used butter in this recipe, you can also substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Cherries, I have used a generous amount of chopped glazed cherries in this eggless cherry cake.
- Flavorings, I have used vanilla in the recipe. You can also add almond essence, since I have a child who has sensitivity to certain food group, I stuck what I have already experimented with him.
Follow me on Social Media
How to make Eggless Almond & Cherry Cake
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready in room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease or line the baking tins with butter or parchment. I have used 2 baking pans of 6 inch. You can also use 1 8 inch cake tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and soda and almond meal. Whisk well to combine. To this flour mix add the chopped candied cherries and mix.
- In another wide bowl, take condensed milk, butter and vanilla essence along with ½ cup water. Whisk well to get a smooth liquid.
- Now slowly add the dry flour mix to the wet ingredients in batches. Use a whisk to combine.
- Divide the batter into the prepared tins and bake them in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake and let it sit in the cake tin for 5 minutes, then carefully unmold it on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the cake warm.
Recipe Card For Eggless Cherry Almond Cake
Almond & Cherry Cake | Eggless | Condensed Milk Cake
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Convection oven
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- Whisk and spatula
- Kitchen Weighing Scale
- 300 grams Whole wheat flour approximately 2 cups
- 60 grams almond meal
- 1 can condensed milk 400 grams tin
- ½ cup water
- 75 grams melted butter approximately ⅓ cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 grams chopped cherries I have used candied cherries
- 50 grams silvered almonds for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 160C. I have used 2 6 inch pans for baking this cherry almond cake. Grease the pans generously with butter or line it with parchment. I prefer butter.
- Measure and keep all the listed ingredients ready and at room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda and almond meal. Whisk them all together to get an uniform flour mix.
- To this dry flour mix, add the chopped cherries. Toss them well. Set aside.
- In another wide bowl, empty the can of condensed milk, to this add butter and vanilla essence. Add ½ cup water to this and whisk well to get a nice liquid.
- To this wet mix, now add the dry flour mix in batches. I added ½ cup flour at a time and used a whisk to mix to get a smooth batter.
- After adding all the dry into the wet, use a spatula and mix everything together gently in one direction.
- Now divide the batter into the two prepared cake tins. Garnish the tops with silvered almonds, this is purely optional. Gently tap them to release any trapped air
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine was done by 35 minutes.
- Oven temperature and baking time differs from model to model, so keep an eye after 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven, let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes to cool. Then slowly unmold it from the cake pan on to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Allowing the cake to rest is very important before removing the cake from the tin. Been there and done that, be patience or you will end up with half the cake in the pan and half in your hand.
- Let the cake cool completely. You can either frost it with your favorite frosting or can serve it as such.
Store & Serve
- Cake can be stored on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If storing more it is better to refrigerate in an air-tight container.
- While serving cold cakes from the refrigerator, reheat the slice for 20 seconds and serve warm.
- The final cake weighted 530 grams each.
- I have used 2 6 inch pans, you can bake it in one 8 inch pan also.
- The toppings of silvered almonds is optional. If planning to frost the cake, you can skip the toppings and bake.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
Almond and cherry cake was a hit at home. The final cake had a gorgeous color and the crunchy almond on top gave it a wonderful texture.
I was worried the candied cherries would bother my kids, and they would pick them out, but to my surprise, they loved the bite of cherry in the cake and no complaints heard!
Store & Serve
I baked 2 cakes, one got over the moment it came out of the oven. Fresh cake, still warm has its own charm. I kept the other cake on the kitchen counter to cool down well and stayed well for 2 days on the counter. Then I refrigerated it in an air-tight container.
If serving cake from the refrigerator, i recommend reheating a slice for 2 seconds and serve it warm.
I weighed the final cake, it was 530 grams each. So one serving comes approximately 106 grams. The Nutritional info in the recipe card, gives approximate values for that serving size.