Banoffee pie | A Slice of banana caramel pie | Recipe for banoffee pie | Banoffee pie recipe | Eggless caramel pie | Banana caramel pie
Banoffee pie, a delicious pie with beautifully baked biscuit base, sweet caramel and bananas topped with soft and cloud like whipping cream. A slice of this heavenly pie topped with chocolate is bliss on your plate.
Banoffee pie, I made this post of banana caramel pie for the first time in 2012. It took 10 years for me to give this beautiful dish a decent makeover. I made this gorgeous looking banoffee for New Year's eve get together with my friends.
I was a bit worried about how my friends will like the flavors, the bananas have a distinct aroma and not many prefer it in sweet dishes. But to my surprise, it was a great hit. The bananas blended deliciously with the caramel and the biscuit base sobered up the sweetness and the whipped cream added a whole new level of richness to the dessert.
If you love banana based dessert, check this simple banana crumble or this gorgeous Banana coconut cake with chocolate ganache or this simple banana pecan muffins with silken tofu.
Table of contents
Try this Banoffee for your next party?
- It is quick and easy, just 20 minutes of work and 2 hours in the refrigerator, you have delish dessert ready.
- It serves a crowd, easy dessert to make for big parties and get togethers.
- It can also be made into dessert jars, layering with biscuit base, caramel, fresh banana and whipped cream.
- It can be made ahead, makes it easy for you to plan ahead.
Ingredients for Making Banana Caramel Pie
- Marie Biscuits, I have used 200 grams of Marie biscuits along with some almond meal for the base of this delish pie.
- Caramel , I have used 1 can of caramel for making this quick and easy banoffee pie.
- Flavors, I have used a dash of cinnamon and ginger in the biscuit base to give it a nice punch. You could also use vanilla in the base.
- Banana, fresh banana tastes delish in the pie. I have used both fresh and the ripened ones, but i would definitely recommend to go with the fresh, golden yellow ones and avoid the over ripened bananas.
- Whipping cream, a beautiful pie definitely needs a cloud of fluffy white whipped cream.
- Toppings, i have used a generous shavings of dark chocolate, you can add a dash of coffee, cocoa and even some fresh bananas and maybe even a drizzle of delish caramel.
Follow me on Social Media
How to Make Quick & Easy Banoffee Pie
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready on the counter. Grease a removable base cake tin and line it with parchment. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Take the biscuits in a food processor along with almond meal and pulse them together to powder.
- Add cold cut butter to this biscuit mix and pulse together to get a sand like texture.
- Remove this biscuit mix to cake pan and press it well to the base. Use a fork and poke holes on the base to allow even baking.
- Bake this pie base in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the pie crust is nicely browned, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Now comes the fun part, fill the pie base with caramel. Add sliced bananas to the caramel.
- Fill the top with nicely whipped cream and loosely dent the top with aluminum foil and refrigerate the pie.
- Before serving, pull the pie out, add grated chocolate, dust it with cocoa or drizzle it with caramel and serve this heavenly pie.
Recipe Card for Delicious Banoffee Pie
Banoffee Pie | Banana Caramel Pie Recipe
- Food Processor optional
- Convection oven
- 200 grams Marie biscuits
- ¼ cup of almond meal optional
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 400 grams of Caramel
- 1 large Philippine banana
- 250 grams whipped cream
- 50 grams of dark chocolate for garnish
Other Garnish options
- cocoa powder
- Instant coffee
- drizzle of caramel
- some fresh bananas
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease a removable base cake pan with butter and line it with parchment paper. I have used a 7 inch cake tin.
- Take the marie biscuits along with almond meal in a food processor and pulse it to powder. The resultant mix will be like coarse sand.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can take the biscuits in a Indian style mixer or use a ziploc pouch and roller, go mad smashing it to smithereens
- Now to the coarse ground biscuit mix add cinnamon powder, ginger powder and cold cut butter. Pulse again to make it look like a coarse wet sand.
- Now empty this wet sand like biscuit crumb to the greased cake tin. Press it down nice and fine. Use a fork and poke some holes on the biscuit base for even baking.
- Bake the base in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the base is nicely browned and golden.
- Oven temperature and timings differ from oven to oven. Keep an eye on them after 12 minutes.
- Once the base is nice golden brown, take it off the oven and let it cool completely.
- Cooling the base is very important as we are going to fill the pie with contents which needs a cooled base so it can hold whatever we are adding.
- Once the base is cooled down. Spread the caramel nice and even on top. I have used 400 grams of caramel here, if you don't prefer a sweet pie, use only ¾ of the caramel.
- Top the caramel with sliced bananas. Use ripe banana and not an over ripened one with spots. The reason is over ripened bananas has an aroma of its own, some might not like that in the pie.
- Take the whipping cream out, whip it until fluffy. Top the pie with the whipped cream.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and refrigerate it for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Remove the pie just before serving to garnish. I have used a generous amount of dark chocolate shavings. I have given other options for garnish, go crazy!
- Slice and serve the delish pie. The baked biscuit base needs a little time out of the refrigerator for easy cutting. So make sure you keep it out for at least for 20 minutes.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
This delicious pie stays good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I made this banana pie for New Years Eve get together with my friends. I made it for a crowd of 8 people and it was a super hit.
Adding chocolate chips is a nice idea.. Yummy pie!
Vidhya Viju Govind
lovely - i feel like making it all over again to dig in !! 🙂
Looks yum!!Likked chocolate chip on it!!
very very delicious looking.
I love this..Thanks for the recipe..This looks mouthwatering
very yummy looking dessert...
Lovely,thanks for the recipe
Looks so tempting and yummy
Lovely, now I am tempted to make this again... god save me!
Irresistible pie,simply tempting.
Thank you Priya for trying this and for the kind mention and link back :)... Glad you like the pie:)
Thanks for the virtual treat dear, looks delicious.
JANUARY EVENT, ‘ONLY’- SPROUTS & GIVEAWAY
This is very interesting and tempting recipe.. I am going to try this one.. Great!!!
tasted this recently at an office party.. loved it. happy to follow you here
Woww.. .mouth watering here.. looks absolutely delicious and perfect.. thanks for the wonderful recipe dear..
Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi
Beautiful banofee pie. what a great way to mark the beginning of the year. love your recipe and the way it holds shape.
It looks so tempting and yummy dear...u have a lovely space.......
Mouthwatering pie... Very delicious...
Dig in is exactly what I'd like to do - looks tempting and delicious!
looks great! I've seen so many Banoffee pies on the blog space thanks to Sweet Punch! 🙂 I've got to try my ow version now
looks yummmy and awesome..
I have never tasted a Banoffee pie and I am in love with how it is made. I have all the ingredients that I need to make this delicious pie and it is going to be on our menu next week. Wish I could taste a slice of yours!
Love this amazing dessert and I totally understood about the combination of banana in desserts. But I am sure with caramel and that cream, it blends in very well. Will definitely give this a try. So yum
I am not a big fan of bananas but the pie was too tempting. I replaced bananas with apples and it was so delicious! We loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.