In my last post, i promised few more interesting banana recipes. Here is one interesting crumble using bananas and using jaggery as sweetner. I made it for the weekend evening. The moment it came out of the oven, kids were behind me as they know that i have got some ice-cream too to serve along with the crumble. While i was clicking, my elder came and asked me whether he can be the model who eats the ice-cream oozing crumble! Food will make them do anything! 😁
I used the opportunity and clicked one with him too. A simple no fuss recipe, i wanted to use brown sugar, since i didnt have stock, i used jaggery. There was no difference in taste, they tasted delish and none knew it is made of jaggery. A delicious way to use up sad looking bananas, i do make banana bread and instant appam with them, but this crumble is a new addition.
This can be made ahead and reheated just before serving, makes a fitting dessert for small parties. Serve it with a generous scoop of ice-cream everyone would crazy about it!
3 nos banana (I used dole)
60 grams unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon for coating the ramekins
5 tablespoon + 2 tablespoon powdered jaggery
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 tablespoon whole wheat flour
4 tablespoon oats
Handful of walnuts, chopped roughly
80 grams dark chocolate
Vanilla icecream for serving
- Prepare 5 ramekins first, grease them with butter. Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Prepare the crumble next, in a large bowl add butter, oats, flour, 5 tablespoon Jaggery, walnuts and cinnamon powder. Mix them all together you will get a clumpy mixture.
- Peel and chop the bananas into rounders. Lay around 5-8 slices in a ramekin. Divide the 2 tablespoon jaggery amongst the 5 ramekins, top it on the bananas. Divide the crumble mixture amongst the 5 ramekins.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Top them with chopped chocolate and bake again for 6 minutes.
- Remove once the top I golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let it cool down a bit.Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice/cream.