In my last post, i promised few more interesting banana recipes. Here is one interesting crumble using bananas and using jaggery as sweetner. I made it for the weekend evening. The moment it came out of the oven, kids were behind me as they know that i have got some ice-cream too to serve along with the crumble. While i was clicking, my elder came and asked me whether he can be the model who eats the ice-cream oozing crumble! Food will make them do anything! 😁
I used the opportunity and clicked one with him too. A simple no fuss recipe, i wanted to use brown sugar, since i didnt have stock, i used jaggery. There was no difference in taste, they tasted delish and none knew it is made of jaggery. A delicious way to use up sad looking bananas, i do make banana bread and instant appam with them, but this crumble is a new addition.
This can be made ahead and reheated just before serving, makes a fitting dessert for small parties. Serve it with a generous scoop of ice-cream everyone would crazy about it! These single serve desserts are packed to Srivalli's Kid's Delight event, guest hosted by Pavani themed on Mini Dishes.
3 nos banana (I used dole)
60 grams unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon for coating the ramekins
5 tablespoon + 2 tablespoon powdered jaggery
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
5 tablespoon whole wheat flour
4 tablespoon oats
Handful of walnuts, chopped roughly
80 grams dark chocolate
Vanilla icecream for serving
- Prepare 5 ramekins first, grease them with butter. Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Prepare the crumble next, in a large bowl add butter, oats, flour, 5 tablespoon Jaggery, walnuts and cinnamon powder. Mix them all together you will get a clumpy mixture.
- Peel and chop the bananas into rounders. Lay around 5-8 slices in a ramekin. Divide the 2 tablespoon jaggery amongst the 5 ramekins, top it on the bananas. Divide the crumble mixture amongst the 5 ramekins.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Top them with chopped chocolate and bake again for 6 minutes.
- Remove once the top I golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let it cool down a bit.Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice/cream.
That is a beautiful bowl of goodness. I bet my kids will eat this without grumbling about bananas 🙂
That looks so delicious Priya. I would love to have some right now.
Wow Priya, this one is surely sinful and addictive! very nicely made and you surely have a good model..:)
I keep making microwave version crumbles more since my kids love crumbles and they can be done in no time. This chocolate version one sounds really inviting, from the point of a kid. 🙂
Hard to resist this absolutely delightful crumble, and looks incredible delicious as well. Lovely.
Wow this is making me drool, I am sure this will be an amazing party dessert.
oh wow that crumble sounds amazing and on top of ice cream will be so delicious 🙂
Once again you are making me drool Priya.Such an awesome recipe! And rightly said, kids will do anything if it involves their favorite food!!
this is awesome, banana crumble with ice creame making me scream.. yummy dessert. I will try it tomorrow feeling so tempted. I am sure your son had a nice time in modelling this crumble.
That's a delicious sounding crumble recipe. No doubt any kid would love to be a model for the same. Even i have a model readily available at home 🙂
This recipe sound interesting and i tried only peach and apple crumble... looks yum.