Molten Lava Cake, a Spongy Chocolate Cake which when sliced, oozes delicious chocolate, thus the name Molten Lava Cake. For this Month’s Eggless Baking Challenge, Soumya of Nivedhanams Blog Suggested this recipe. It was quite a bit challenge, i tried this recipe for 3 days continuously. Finally got it right. We all Enjoyed this straight out of the oven, when it is still warm, it was such a delight!!!
¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
5 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoon Oil
¼ Cup Buttermilk
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Baking powder
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
10 nos Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses
- Preheat the Oven to 180C.
- Mix together Flour, Cocoa and Cinnamon together with a Whisk.
- In a Wide Bowl, Mix Buttermilk and Sugar until sugar dissolves. To this add Baking Soda and Baking Powder and mix well.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes. you can see the mixture increasing in volume. Now add Oil to this and Mix gently.
- Add Flour a spoon at a time and Mix gently to combine.
- Grease Two Ramekins with oil and flour. Divide the mixture between two ramekins. Add half the batter to the bowl first, the Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses (5 in each) and fill it up with rest of the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. The top will be firm but wiggly. Let it sit in the oven for 2 minutes. Take it out, let it cool, then gently unmould it on to a plate and slice it up to find delicious chocolate oozing out of it!!!
- Serve it Warm as such or with some berries and some ice-cream!!
- Baking time differs from Oven to Oven. So bake accordingly.
- The Lava tends to thicken up as it cools, so better serve warm out of the oven or try to reheat before serving to enjoy the oozing lava!!!!