- Reshmi of Easy Cook suggested Pumpkin chocolate chips Muffin from Joy of baking
- Julie of Erivum Puliyumm suggested a vegan pumpkin cup cake Eggless Pumpkin CupCakes with Spiced Butter Cream and Candied Pecans.
- Priya R of Cook Like Priya suggested Chocolate pumpkin cupcake with orange cream cheese frosting
I Chose to bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chips muffins and Eggless Pumpkin CupCakes with Spiced Butter Cream Frosting. They came out so well.
tsp of dried ginger
tsp of baking soda (1/2 tsp + half of 1/4tsp)
tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the Oven to 200C.
- Cut the Pumpkin into Big Chunks, Leave the skin and stringy fibers as it is, once it is baked, they come out very easily. Place the chunks on a Baking tray.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. To check the done-ness, insert a knife/Fork into the baked pumpkin, if it goes in smoothly, it is done.
- Remove the Stringy Fibers and Seeds. The seeds can be toasted and used in Bakes later.
- Scoop out the flesh using a Big Spoon. Take it to a blender and blend smooth. The puree can be freezed for about 5-6 months.
- Baking and Blending gets a good textured and thick puree than boiling/Steaming method. As the later makes the puree little loose because of water content.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line cupcake pans with cupcake papers. I used a mini Bundt Muffins Pan and got about 4 Muffins.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, spices, baking soda and powder. Stir to
mix together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand blender) cream the unsalted butter until
smooth and creamy. Butter must be in Room Temperature, not Melted.
- Add in the brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla extract and mix on a higher
speed until fluffy.
- Add in the pumpkin/squash puree, salt, vinegar, and half of the milk. In 1/2 cup increments add in the flour/spice mixture, also adding in the
remaining soy milk in between additions. Be sure to stop the mixer and scrape
down the sides of the bowl and give it one more good mix to be sure all
ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners
about 2/3 full with batter and bake for about 20-25 minutes.Insert a Tooth-pick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is done
- Use a mixer to cream the unsalted butter until smooth.
- Add in the Vanilla Extract,Honey, Milk and mix until combined.
- On a low
speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar and spices and mix well after each
addition. Keep mixing until all is well incorporated and the frosting is smooth