Pumpkin Chocolate Cake, a delicious eggless chocolate cake filled and frosted with finger licking peanut butter frosting. A perfect cake to celebrate any occasion.
Pumpkin cake | Chocolate cake | Birthday Cake | Chocolate cake with buttercream frosting | How to make pumpkin chocolate cake | Eggless chocolate cake | Eggless bake with pumpkin | Autumn Bake | Fall Season Bake | Seasonal bakes | Festive Bakes
Pumpkin Chocolate cake, looks gorgeous isn't? It was a huge hit with kids and that peanut butter frosting wins the crowd. I m loving the recent pumpkin bakes. Have you checked this cute pumpkin bread rolls or this soft and fluffy whole wheat pumpkin bread
When i started to bake, pumpkin bakes were a fascination. So I have quite a bake collections with pumpkin, which are a decade old. Glad i m rekindling my love for baking and dusting those old recipes and giving them a new life with better content and pictures.
In this genre, i present you today's gorgeous chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I remember making quite a few party bakes, filled and frosted and looks festive-y.
- Carrot orange cake with orange blossom cream cheese frosting
- Orange cake with buttercream frosting
- Vegan masala chai cake with cashew cream frosting
- chocolate cake with oreo buttercream frosting
This pumpkin chocolate cake is yet another festive looking cake. Try this for your Autumn/Fall parties or get-togethers. A gorgeous cake to make for your Halloween party or your next birthday event.
How to Make Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin puree is easy to make at home, you don't have to pay big bucks to buy a can of pumpkin puree.
- Wash and line the pumpkin on a greased baking tray. I have used pumpkin slices. All the slices together weigh around 2.5 kgs.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Lay the pumpkin flesh side down. Bake the pumpkin for 40-50 minutes until the flesh becomes fork tender.
- Remove the baked pumpkin from the oven, let it cool down completely. Peel the flesh from the skin using a fork. Blend the flesh smooth.
- Divide into portions and freeze. I divided into 1 cup portion. Got around 5 cups from the 2.5 kg pumpkin.
Ingredients for this Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
- Main ingredients : Flour & cocoa, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Leavener : This delish pumpkin chocolate loaf uses both baking powder and baking soda
- Pumpkin puree, I have used homemade pumpkin puree, store bought puree should also work well with this recipe.
- Egg replacement : I have used buttermilk as egg replacement in this recipe. If you don't have buttermilk, just mix curd and water in equal portions or add a teaspoon of vinegar to the of milk , let it sit for 10 minutes to curdle, then use in the recipe.
- Sweetener, this delicious eggless pumpkin cake uses normal white sugar.
- Fat, I have used sunflower oil in this recipe, you can substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavors : i have used cinnamon in this soft and fluffy chocolate cake. You can also use vanilla extract instead.
Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Convection oven
- Whisk and spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup butter milk
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Peanut butter frosting
- 100 grams butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoon of milk
- 50 grams lindt dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 180c . Grease 2, 5 inch pans and lay them with parchment.
- In a wide bowl take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cocoa powder together and whisk well to combine.
- In another medium sized bowl, add pumpkin purée, buttermilk, and oil, mix well.
- Add ½ cup flour mix at a time to wet ingredients, using a spatula mix them together in a single direction.
- Divide the batter among the 2 pans and bake them in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven let it sit for 5 minutes then unmould it on to a wire rack for the to cool completely.
- If serving as such., slice them warm and serve Along with your evenjng the/coffee.
- Since I was planning to frost them, I cooled them completely, cling wrapped them and refrigerated until frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Take butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using a electric beater, beat the until light and fluffy.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar at a time and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, add 1 teaspoon of milk at time to check the consistency. I needed around 3 teaspoon of milk to get the frosting to spreadable consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate until use. I normally make the frosting an hour before i frost my cakes.
To Make chocolate drizzle
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks, take it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at high for a minute. Remove and add butter and whisk well to combine. The sauce should be smooth and silky. Keep aside until use.
To Frost and fill the cake
- Mix 3 tablespoon of icing sugar with ¼ cup of warm water and keep ready.
- Take a round cake board, add a blob of buttercream to the center and place one round cake in the middle. This blob makes sure, that the cake stays put on the board without sliding.
- Spread half of the sugar solution on top of the sponge, this keeps the cake soft. Add a thick layer of frosting on top. Spread it to cover the entire cake surface, do not forget the edges.
- Now stack the second cake on top of this with its bottom facing the top. Spread the sugar solution on top of the cake.
- Now add a thick layer of frosting on top and crumb coat the sides. Place the cake in the refrigerator for 10 minutes for the crumb coat to set.
- Once set, add thick layers of frosting on top and using a offset spatula smoothen it to set. I just used the large round piping tip and squeezed some sharp swirls on top.
- Chill the cake 10 minutes for it to set, Just before serving, i added some chopped dark chocolate and drizzled some chocolate sauce on top and served.
- Baking temperature differs from oven to oven. So bake according to your oven temperature.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.