1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- Take butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using a electric beater, beat the until light and fluffy.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar at a time and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, add 1 tsp of milk at time to check the consistency. I needed around 3 tsp of milk to get the frosting to spreadable consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate until use. I normally make the frosting an hour before i frost my cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c . Grease 2, 5 inch pans and lay them with parchment.
- In a wide bowl take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cocoa powder together and whisk well to combine.
- In another medium sized bowl, add pumpkin purée, buttermilk, and oil, mix well.
- Add this liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, using a spatula mix them together in a single direction.
- Divide the batter among the 2 pans and bake them in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the pans from the oven let it sit for 5 minutes then unmould it on to a wire rack for the to cool completely.
- If serving as such., slice them warm and serve Along with your evenjng the/coffee.
- Since I was planning to frost them, I cooled them completely, cling wrapped them and refrigerated until frosting.