Pumpkin chocolate chip cake, a delicious, soft and fluffy loaf cake bursting with warm flavors and dark chocolate chips in every bite. An eggless pumpkin cake made with fresh homemade pumpkin puree.
Eggless pumpkin cake | Eggless cake with pumpkin puree | Chocolate chip cake | Eggless cake with dark chocolate chips | Eggless cake without condensed milk | Pumpkin recipe | Fall flavors cake with pumpkin puree | Homemade pumpkin puree | Spiced Pumpkin cake
I m baking regularly these days, both kiddos love to take a slice of cake or a muffin in their school snack box. These eggless mocha muffins and chocolate sheet cake are regular at home. Now since baking has become regular, i m recreating all my old baking recipes.
Come autumn, social media feed is full of pumpkin and apple recipes, i too have jumped into that train. You can check this delish apple cake baked with fresh apples. Today's recipe of pumpkin chocolate loaf is a decade old recipe, which is getting new pictures and fresh content.
This delish Eggless pumpkin cake uses homemade pumpkin puree. It is very easy to make pumpkin puree at home, once you have pumpkin puree ready in hand, you can use it in variety of recipes.
How to make pumpkin puree
- Wash and line the pumpkin on a greased baking tray. I have used pumpkin slices. All the slices together weigh around 2.5 kgs.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Lay the pumpkin flesh side down. Bake the pumpkin for 40-50 minutes until the flesh becomes fork tender.
- Remove teh baked pumpkin from the oven, let it cool down completely. Peel the flesh from teh skin using a fork. Blend the flesh smooth.
- Divide into portions and freeze. I divided into 1 cup portion. Got around 5 cups from the 2.5 kg pumpkin.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Parangikai Halwa | Red Pumpkin Halwa
- One bowl pumpkin bread
- Spiced Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Wholewheat pumpkin bread
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Leavener : This delish pumpkin chocolate loaf uses both baking powder and baking soda
- Pumpkin puree, I have used homemade pumpkin puree, store bought puree should also work well with this recipe.
- Sweetener, this delicious eggless pumpkin cake uses normal white sugar.
- Fat, I have used sunflower oil in this recipe, you can substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavors : i have used a good mix of cinnamon, dried ginger, cardamom and clove in this autumn bake with pumpkin.
- Add-ons : This aromatic pumpkin loaf uses good amount dark chocolate in the batter. I have used 100 grams of Lindt dark chocolate in this delish chocolate loaf.
Stepwise Instructions for Eggless Pumpkin Cake
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure all ingredients and let it be at room temperature. Especially pumpkin puree, if using frozen, remove it ahead, let it thaw and come to room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and chopped dark chocolate. Add in the spices too and whisk well to combine.
- In another large bowl, take together pumpkin puree, buttermilk, oil, and sugar. Mix well to form a uniform liquid.
- Slowly add ½ cup flour to the wet ingredients, using a whisk combine the flour into liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the loaf from the pan to the wire rack. Let it cool down completely. Slice and enjoy.
- I usually leave the cake on the counter for a day, then refrigerate in an air-tight container.
Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake | Pumpkin Loaf Cake
- Convection oven
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk and spatula
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree @room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup buttermilk or ½ cup yogurt mixed with water
- 100 grams Lindt dark chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon clove powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a loaf tin, grease and line it with a parchment paper.
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda and all the spices together. Whisk well to combine.
- In another wide bowl take pumpkin puree, add water, buttermilk and oil to this and whisk well to combine.
- To this pumpkin mix, add sugar and whisk well for the sugar to dissolve well.
- Now add ½ cup flour mix at a time to the wet ingredients, using a whisk mix well to get a uniform batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased parchment laid loaf tin. Tap the tin to release any air.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Then slowly remove it with the parchment and let it sit on the wire rack to coo well.
- Slice the cake and enjoy it warm. I usually leave the cake for a day on the counter. Then refrigerate the cake in an air-tight box.
- If serving the cake from the refrigerator, then reheat each slice for 10-20 seconds an serve warm.
- Baking temperature varies from oven to oven, so keep an eye on the bake after 30 minutes.
- if you are using frozen pumpkin puree in the bake, then keep it out of the freezer and let it thaw completely before using in the bake.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.