Mocha muffins, a delicious eggless coffee flavored chocolate muffins, loaded with dark chocolate chunks. A perfect holiday bake.Jump to Recipe
Its December, a month many eagerly await, for Christmas, for the holidays, for the New year. There is some magic in the air with Christmas around, you have a natural itch to bake. There is no better ingredient than chocolate to start the festive bakes.
These eggless mocha muffins are loaded with chunks of lindt dark chocolate. Chocolate and coffee are match made in heaven. And also my favorites, though i don’t drink coffee these days, i do love the aroma in bakes.
Do not swap the chocolate chunks to chocolate chips in this mocha muffins, you would love the texture of the chocolate chunks, when you bite into the muffins. We at home prefer dark chocoalte to milk chocolate, if you are not a big fan of dark chocoalte, please go ahead and use milk chocolate.
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Condensed Milk, sweetened condensed milk is also a replacement for eggs, since it is sweet we also skip the sugar in this recipe. Here is a chocolate cake without condensed milk
- Fat, i have used oil instead of butter, i have not tried using butter in the recipe yet, will update the recipe when i try it.
- Instant coffee powder mixed with water and hershey’s cocoa for the Mocha flavor.
- Baking powder and baking soda along with vanilla are the other ingredients most common to baking.
- I have used lindt dark chocolate chunks instead of chips, they add great texture. you can replace them with milk/dark chocolate chips.
- Make sure all the above ingredients are at room temperature.
Mocha Muffins | How to make Eggless Mocha Muffins
- Convection oven
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Muffin pan/Silicon muffin moulds
- 225 grams Whole wheat flour i used normal chaptathi aata
- 20 grams cocoa
- 1 tin condensed milk 400 grams tin
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup strong black coffee i use davidoff rich aroma
- 100 grams oil i use sunflower oil
- 100 grams chopped lindt dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven 170c, prepare a Muffin pan and lay them with muffins liners. I used 12-hole muffin pan.
- In large bowl sift together flour, cocoa baking powder, baking soda together. I normally use a balloon whisk to mix the ingredients together.
- In a microwave safe mug, heat 1/2 cup water and add 2 tbsp instant coffee powder to it, mix well and set aside to cool down.
- In another bowl, take condensed milk, add oil and coffee to it, whisk well to combine.
- To this now add the dry ingredients and using a spatula mix the dry into wet. Take care not to mix vigorously. Add chocolate chunks finally to the batter and fold gently.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan.i used an ice cream scoop, dropped around 1 scoop in each muffin cup. I got around 12 muffins. You can also top the muffins with some chocolate chunks.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven around 35-40minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven let it sit for 5 minutes then remove it on to a wire rack to cool. Serve the warm along with coffee for a yumm snack.
- Sifting/whsiking the dry ingredients together helps to get a homogenous flour mix and creates a lightness in the dense flour mix. If you are a beginner to baking, i recommed using a flour sifter to do this. A whisk also works well
- Do not beat the batter vigorously. Use gentle cut and fold method to incorporate the chocolate chunks.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. I baked in my microwave convection oven, if I bake the same my gas oven it will take less than 30 minutes. So baking according to your oven.
Enjoy these eggless mocha muffins warm with your evening cup. These Mocha muffins are a great snack for road trips and picnics. They also make a great gift to your food loving friend and family. Do make these and share the joy, cheer and the calories this festive season.
More Festive Bakes
- Vegan strawberry mocha bundt cake
- Coconut and Rose Syrup bundt cake
- Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Mocha Self-Saucing Cake
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
Do you like the recipe? PIN IT
An old post from 2018, updated with new content for better engagement.