2 cups of Bread flour/All purpose flour
3/4 Cup warm water
1.5 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
- I used my food processor to make the dough. The dough can be kneaded by hand too. Take flour, salt, sugar and yeast together in a bowl. Pule it twice to combine.
- Now slowly add warm warm water to this and start kneading into a soft dough. Add oil at the end and knead to get a smooth dough. Knead at medium speed for 5 minutes. If kneading by hand knead around 5-8 minutes to get a smooth and soft dough.
- Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl, coat the dough with oil too and let it rise for an hour or until doubles in volume.
- Once it doubles, transfer it to a well-floured surface, punch it down to release the excess air. Divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a round.
- Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with parchment. Now place 2 rounds of dough together and press it lightly to form an 8. using a sharp knife make a deep slit diagonally on top. Repeat the same with rest of the dough.
- Let the dough rise for an hour. Preheat the oven to 200C and place a pan of boiling water underneath the baking tray. Bake the marraquettas for 25 minutes. Take it off the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm as a sandwich or for dinner with a warm bowl of soup and a spicy spread. Here is the Fruit & Nut sandwich i made with these softy soft bread
Sending this to Come, join us for breakfast, happening @ +srivalli jetti‘s space. And also to Bake Fest#39, happenning @ +Cooks Joy.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#45