This combo goes to Kids delight – Brunch ideas, hosted by me, an event by +Srivalli Jetti
2 cups of Chapathi Atta
1 cup of warm water to knead the dough
2 heaped tbsp of dried fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
a pinch of hing
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
- Take the flour in a wide bowl, add dried fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi, turmeric powder, salt, hing and mix well.
- Add water and knead a soft dough, after adding water, add the oil and knead few times to get soft, smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 15 minute for the flavors to mingle well.
- Now to make poori, Divide the dough into little lesser than ping-pong ball size. Dust your work area with little flour, i normally roll it on the kitchen counter.
- Roll the dough balls into circles. It should neither be thick nor thin. Heat oil in a friying pan, when it is hot enough, deep fry each disc of dough into a fluffy poori and serve warm with aloo hariyali and boondi raita.
- To get a fluffy poori, take care not to roll too thin or too thick. When the poori is in hot oil, slightly press one side of it with the ladle, it will puff up well.
- Do not press too hard, it might tear and all the air escapes, causing it to deflate.
- I know it is an art to get a fluffy, soft poori and my pictures don’t do justice. Will definitely update the post later with a pillowy poori!