I wanted to try the same at home. Though it is a bit easy to put together the chat, we have list of preps to be made before we can serve it. Making papdi’s at home is quite easy. Both the kiddo’s loved the papdi’s as such. The first batch around 15 papdi’s vanished just like that straight from the oven. I had to hide the next batch to make the chat. Hubby is yet to taste, but i mopped the plate clean for my lunch 🙂 It was yummm, Finally, coming out of my block! 🙂
Ingredients for Papdi (Makes around 60-70 papdi’s)
- Take both the flours, sesame,cumin seeds and salt in a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Add oil to the flour mix and rub well on to the flour mix to resemble crumbs. Now slowly add water to this and knead a soft dough. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Roll out each portion into 20cm(diameter) circle. Using a small cookie cutter, cut out small roundels of the dough. Prick the dough using a fork all over.
- Preheat the Oven to 220C. Lay the cut rounds of dough on a greased baking tray. Bake the papdi for 11 minutes. Take it off the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Store the papdi in an air-tight container.
A small gooseberry size tamarind
1 tsp jaggery powder
1 no red chili
1/4 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients together in a mixer, grid it to a smooth paste using 1/4 cup water.
- Take the ground paste in a Microwave safe bowl. Cook @ high for 1 minutes, stir well. Reduce the temperature to medium and cook for another minute. Take it out let it cool and use for chat.
- Leftover chutney can be stored in a air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Take all the ingredients together in a mixer and grind to a fine paste. Keep aside until use.
2 tbsp hung curd
- Take the boiled potato, crumble it well, add a pinch of jeera powder and 2 pinches of chat masala, mix well and use as topping.
- In a wide plate, arrange the papdi’s first. Top it with boiled potatoes and chana.Next add sweet chutney, mint chutney and hung curd.
- Next add bhujiya/sev and top it with coriander leaves and serve immediately