Pizza bun recipe | Bun pizza | Pizza cups with burger buns | Quick and easy snack recipe | Quick and easy appetizer recipe | Easy pizza recipe | Kids snack | After school snack | Vegetable pizza recipe | Simple pizza recipe
Delicious recipe of pizza on burger buns. A quick and easy recipe of pizza flavors with mixed vegetables on burger buns.
Table of contents
Bun-izza - Don't you love the Name?
When Naan bread pizza can be called naaniza, and tortilla pizza can be named tortizza why not bun pizza be called bun-izza😁.
Pizza cups with burger buns is such a fun recipe to make with family and friends. I make this often for my kids after school snack or as a breakfast on weekend mornings. A perfect breakfast or brunch on a lazy morning. You can make this a fun activity too, by making kids do the assembly and have fun with their choice of toppings.
This bun-izza can be made in bulk so serves well for a crowd. It gets ready in 10 minutes. I have used minimal toppings with capsicums, olives, jalapenos and 3 different cheese. You can either load with veggies like onions, corn, broccoli, mushrooms etc. or go simple with loads of cheese.
If you are looking for a more interesting cheesy appetizer for your next party, check these cheesy bread rings, a superhit party appetizer. Another quick to make appetizer/snack with bread is this Cheese rolls
Check this One Pan Bake : Tortilla Pizza
More Party Appetizers
Ingredients for making Pizza with Burger Buns
- Burger Buns, obviously the base for these quick pizza bun recipe. I have used store-bought burger buns. If you are looking for some homemade buns, check this whole meal burger buns or these avocado pull apart balls .
- Seasonings, I have used red chili powder, oregano, mixed herbs and freshly pounded pepper powder.
- Sauce, The base sauce is a simple tomato ketchup. You can check this pizza sauce or this beautiful Neapolitan sauce.
- Toppings, I have used capsicums, black olives, and brined jalapenos along with 3 different cheese. You can also add onions, corn, steamed broccoli and mushrooms too.
- Cheese , I have used both cheddar and mozzarella, along with Indian cottage cheese
Follow me on Social Media
Step by Step Instructions to Make Bun-izza.
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Preheat the Oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Wash and chop capsicums thinly. Mix in the black olives, chopped jalapenos and crumbled paneer. Mix red chili powder and salt. Set aside until use.
- Cut open the Burger buns, spread the base sauce, sprinkle mixed herbs and oregano on top.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon of toppings on each burger buns, sprinkle freshly pounded black pepper powder on top.
- Top it off with both cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. I turned on top rod for last 2 minutes, to get some brown on the cheese.
- Take it off the oven and enjoy it hot straight from the oven.
Recipe card for Pizza Bun Cups
Bun Pizza | Pizza Buns | Bun-izza | Bread Pizza Cups
- Convection oven
- 8 nos Burger buns
- 2 nos capsicums, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brined and sliced black olives
- 4-5 nos sliced jalapenos, chopped fine
- 100 grams paneer , crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese shredded
- 100 grams cheddar cheese, shredded
- mixed herbs
- pizza sauce/tomato ketchup/schezwan sauce
- Preheat the Oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Wash and chop capsicums thin. To that bowl add black olives, jalapenos and crumbled cottage cheese. Add red chili powder to this, toss well.
- Cut open the burger buns, spread the pizza sauce/ketchup .
- Sprinkle oregano and mixed herbs on all the buns.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon of toppings on each of the burger buns. Top it with freshly pounded black pepper powder.
- Top each burger bun with shredded cheddar and mozzarella on each bun.
- Bake the pizza bun cups in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Or until the cheese melts and browns a bit. I turned on the top rod of the oven for the last 2 minutes.
- Oven temperature and baking time differs from oven to oven. So bake according.
- Once done, remove the pizza cups from the oven. Let it sit for a minute and enjoy it hot straight out of the oven.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
Enjoy these pizza buns hot straight out of the oven. These pizza cups stay good when refrigerated for 2 days. Since they have cheese i don't recommend them to be kept on the kitchen counter.
If serving pizza cups from the refrigerator, reheat them in the microwave for 20 seconds and serve it hot.
lovely idea !! mini pizzas are so much easier.. do you use the usual cheese Priya ? or Mozzarella ?
wow...a really interesting pizza!
Wow this is so delicious. My girls will love these.
slurrp!! looks yummy
Looks awesome..great one..
These taste awsum...used to make these quite often,but have'nt done so since long!..thanks for reminding..lovely cups:)
I prepare bread pizza but this is very tempting too
Love the mini version
This looks totally delicious..I would love to try this..Bookmarked.
very cute and yummilicious pizzas
The Pumpkin Farm
they look so cute
wow!!!!looks so nice
i love making these instant versions of pizza..i make it as a sandwich or open faced! delicious!
this looks so tempting n yummy!!
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights
Cute pizzas. Yummy.
Cute ones for kids.
Pizza cup looks so nice....
A Kamalika Krishmy
looks so pretty
Pizza cups is very interesting...bookmarked..I will def try them out...
@Kalyani, sorry for the late reply, i have used shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
Cara @ Street Smart Nutrition
What a creative way to make mini pizzas! This will be great when we cook with family and everyone wants something different
I've never thought to make pizza out of these buns. What a great idea!!!
These are so good! I made them last night, and we ate them all in no time. I would never have thought to use buns for pizza crust.
These remind me of English Muffin Pizzas. My mom used to make them for us all the time and let us pick our own toppings because we are all picky eaters. I've never tried them with buns but I bet they're amazing!
These pizza buns are yummy, quick, and perfect for game day, lunch or even a snack.
These are so fun to make and so delicious. We love it! Makes for quick dinner on busy nights.
These are perfect for when the grandkids come over. They can make their own little pizzas for lunch. Fun!!
Such a great idea for a last minute dinner! Also a fun way to cook something with kids and let them pick their toppings!
We make these pizza buns often for snacking or quick lunches. Our family loves them!
Such quick and easy recipe, tried this yesterday for our dinner, it was such a hit! thanks for the recipe!
How much fun is this? I made these with my twins and everyone got a kick out of them. Super tasty too.
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
My girls love pizza and this one is the easiest way to make it, either with just bread... or with bun like you did... Sounds like a good way to finish off the buns threatening to get stale in the fridge... Hehe...
This is a great and quick meal idea and the kids would love it. Why kids, I too would love these delicious bun pizzas.
These kinds of recipes are what I am in search of to make for an after-school snack. These are so delicious and I always have leftover buns after making burgers.