As i said in my earlier post, finding a new chutney every time, gives me a great challenge and i m loving it. In this series of "Baked Vegetables", i present you another dip with just roasted veggies, that compliments Rice/roti/idly/dosa so well. This Salsa is given a 5-star rating by my dear taste tester, my elder one, who enjoyed this salsa with rice and also with his breakfast dosa. I even topped it on my baked eggplant and loved the flavors.
1 no red bell pepper
1 no green bell pepper
4-5 cubes of red pumpkin
1 medium-sized carrot
3 nos tomatoes
3 nos Onions
4 cloves of garlic
4 no green chilies
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder mixed with 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Mix red chili powder with olive oil and keep aside for 15 minutes for the flavors to seep.
- Wash and cut the veggies into 1 inch cubes. In a large baking tray, toss together all the veggies and drizzle half the oil to it and mix well with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and bake the veggies for 40 minutes or until soft and browned on top.
- Take the veggies out of the oven, let it cool completely. Take them all together in a blender add salt and blend it little coarser paste.
- No need to add any liquid, the tomatoes in the mix will take care of it. Remove it to a serving bowl and serve it as condiments with main course dishes.