Blog Hop Wednesday, New Event Kick-Started by Radhika of Tickling Palates.A Group of 40 Bloggers (could be even more) are paired together every week to try out recipes from their partner’s blog!!!! I m sure, we will get to know more blogger’s and get introduced to different recipes and much more than that!!!! A Big applause to Radhika, for taking so much pain (read interest) and Planning!!!!
This week, i m paired with Nupur Mehra of UK Rasoi, a Budding Blogger from London!!! I tried her Oats and Besan Kheer!!! A healthy recipe, will be liked by kids too!!
I have tweaked the recipe a bit for my convenience/liking, So, Please follow the link above for the Original Recipe
½ Cup Oats
¼ Cup Besan
¼ Cup Almonds, Chopped
½ Cup Sugar
Ghee for roasting the ingredients
Cardamom Crushed for flavor
- Boil Milk and let it Cool for some time. Heat a pan with little ghee, Roast the Almonds.
- Then add oats to the same pan and roast for a minute or two. Spread it on a plate, let it cool.
- In the same pan, add a teaspoon of Ghee and roast the gram flour/besan, till a nice aroma arises. Spread it on a plate, and let it cool.
- Keep some Roasted almonds for garnishing, take the rest in a mixer and powder it along with the roasted oats.
- Take half the milk in a heavy-bottom pan and heat it in a low flame. Add the Oats-Almond Powder to the milk and Keep Stirring, so that it doesn’t get burnt @ the bottom. The Milk should not be boiling while adding the powder, or else lumps will form!!! Let it cook in a slow flame for 5-10 minutes. The Mixture will begin to thicken. Switch off the flame.
- Take the rest of the Milk , Mix it well with Besan/Gram Flour. Cook the Besan Milk on a slow flame.
- Add the Oats-Milk to this Besan Milk. Add Sugar and Stir well. Let it cook in a simmer flame for another 8-10 minutes. Add Crushed Cardamom and Put off the flame. Garnish with roasted almonds.
- Serve Warm.
This Kheer can be had as a breakfast porridge or as a light dessert too!!! We had it as a Dessert after Lunch!!! This Kheer can be served Chill, But my people, preferred it Warm!!!!
- Take care, while roasting the ingredients, a slight distraction can burn them!!!
- While Mixing besan with milk,though nupur has told it can be added straight after roasting the besan to the same pan, i had a small doubt of lumps, so i preferred to cool the besan and then mix it with milk, then take to the flame again.
- I would recommend using boiled milk, coz i have had some bad experience using fresh milk curdling, when used directly to make kheer. At the end, this is my personal experience.
Check out what other bloggers are cooking for this Blog Hop Wednesday!!!