Pomegranate jelly,a simple to make dessert. All you need is pomo juice and agar-agar/gelatin leaves. Since this is a vegetarian blog, i have used agar-agar powder for the jelly.
To make it more rich and royal, i have topped the jelly with white chocolate ganache garnished with some pomo pearls. The ganache adds a great texture and richness to the otherwise simple jelly.
- Take the juice in a saucepan and heat it. Remove 2 tbsp of juice from the sauce pan to a small ball, dissolve the agar-agar powder in that juice.
- When the juice in the saucepan, starts to boil, reduce the flame to simmer and add the agar-agar dissolved juice to it and whisk it well to combine.
- Let it sit on the stove for another 10 minutes in a simmer flame. Take it off the stove. Arrange the silicon muffin moulds in a muffin pan. Slowly fill the muffin moulds till 3/4 with the pomegrante juice. Refrigerate until set, atleast a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- You can add some fresh pomo pearls in each of the muffin mould for some texture, since my kids might not like it,i skipped that idea.
To Make white chocolate ganache.
- Take white chocolate in a bowl, chop it into pieces. Heat cream in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then mix it well with a spatuala.
- Let the ganache sit for 10 minutes before use.
- Remove the jelly on to a serving plate. Since it is set in a silicon mould, it was very easy to transfer it to a serving plate. Just loosen the sides of the mould,invert it on a plate.
- Pipe a blob of ganache on top of the jelly, garnish it with fresh pomegranate pearls and rose petals and serve immediately.