Strawberry cream, a delicious, no cook dessert recipe with fresh strawberries and cream. A make ahead dessert, that can be made in large quantities for parties and get togethers.Jump to Recipe
Table of contents
New Year, New Beginnnings
Hope you all had a great start to 2016. So, how many of you made resolutions? I m not a resolution on a New year’s day person. Anything new can start anytime, any day, why to stick it to a date? True, isn’t?
Did you all party on New year’s day? I love to host a party , cook for my friends, crack jokes and laugh out loud like crazy. We are blessed with a small gang of like-minded friends. We meet most of the weekends, at each of our homes, kids would be having fun and we adults too play few games, laugh like crazy and enjoy good food.
For me, every weekend is a party. I go from a crazy person on a Sunday morning, to a normal person by Wednesday evening. I start baking something good or make some dessert keeping the weekend in mind.
This colorful looking strawberry cream, is one such dessert, fits the bill for a weekend treat. It also beautifully masks the fruit, makes it one tempting bowl for your little devils, who runs a mile when you ask them to eat their fruit.
🍊 Eating Fresh Fruits
I don’t know about other kids, mine are very selective. Elder never even smells a fruit, younger is ok with apples and crazy behind mangoes, other than that no fruits are entertained here.
So, as a concerned mama, I feed them fruits my own way. Smoothies are great way to introduce fruits to kids. Mine love a good banana smoothie, so me being a intelligent mama, add another fruit along with banana and serve them. This delicious Banana & Fig smoothie with chia seeds one such brilliance.
Apricot & banana yogurt smoothie is yet another delicious recipe with sweet apricots and the feel good banana. As mentioned earlier, my younger fella is a mango fanatic, so this musk melon mango smoothie is his favorite.
🍓 Fruit Desserts
Another delicious way is to include fresh fruits in desserts. Yes, I can hear you saying it is unhealthy. I believe, anything homemade is healthy. Because we are mindful and have better control of the ingredients that we put it to the food, and it can be easily portion controlled.
This colorful Jelleye Anar/Pomegranate jelly is made of fresh pomegranate juice. I served with white chocolate ganache, till date the best fruit dessert in my kids opinion.
What I m trying say is, if your kid or you as an adult is not willing to eat a fruit, then don’t fret much. There are million ways to include fruit into their diet, just go find yours.
💭 What is Fruit Cream?
Fruit cream is nothing but fresh fruit puree, blended with cream. We have a Haji ali here, which is famous for its fruit cream. Their fruit cream menu, make me go weak at my knees.
Today’s recipe, Strawberry cream, a simple dessert made with fresh strawberries, whipping cream and some condensed milk. The sweetener here is completely optional, in case you end up with sour berries, they come handy.
📋 The Ingredients
- Strawberries, the hero of this fruit cream is strawberries. We get fresh strawberries here from November till April, though we get them year around, the ones we get in the season doesn’t cause a hole in your pocket.
- Whipping cream, I m using a dairy whipping cream. You can also use non-dairy cream.
- Sweetener, I m using a small can of condensed milk, it is optional, in case you end up with sour berries, use it.
📝 Step by Step Instructions
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Remove half of them and puree them with some condensed milk. Divide the fruit puree among shot glasses, this will be the bottom layer of the cream.
- Take the rest of the berries, with condensed milk in a blende. Puree them first. Then add condensed milk to the blender, pulse blend it 2 times. Take care not to blend continuously, it might split. So pulse blend, twice or thrice.
- Divide the cream among the shot glasses. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours and serve chilled.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
🍓 More Strawberry Recipes
Strawberry Cream | Fruit Dessert | No Cook Dessert
- Indian style mixie or any heavy blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 25 nos fresh strawberries
- 200 ml Whipping cream I have used dairy cream, Non-dairy cream can also be used
- ⅓ cup condensed milk optional
- fresh strawberries slices to garnish
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Take 15 of them and blend well to a puree in a blender. If you want, you can sieve, I didn't. To this fresh puree, add 2 tbsp of condensed milk and blend once more.
- Divide the puree among-st 6 shot glasses or 4 200 ml glass jars. Fill half the glass with the puree.
- Now take the remaining 10 strawberries, add 1/4cup condensed milk puree well. To this add whipping cream and pulse blend twice or thrice for it to come fluffy. Do not blend continuously, it might split.
- Divide the cream and pour it on top of the strawberry puree in the shot glasses. Tap the glasses, to release any trapped air and to make the tops flat and smooth.
- Cling-wrap and refrigerate for at-least 4-5 hours. While serving garnish with a fresh strawberry slice and serve immediately.
Serve this colorful and tempting strawberry cream chilled. They can be enjoyed as a weekday snack, since the kids have a spring break now, you need to stock up that fridge.
They also make a wonderful make ahead dessert, for large gatherings. Just make it in a tray and let them all help with a big spoon or serve them in individual shot glasses, like I have done.