For the Day 3, of Blogging Marathon, I tried the Bookmarked recipe WholeWheat Choco-chip Pumpkin Bread from Kalyani's. It on my bake-list for a long time. This is the first time i m trying a bake using Pumpkin puree and i m sure to make it quite often. my kiddo loved this bread. He finished the nuts on top first and then gobbled the bread later!!!!
1 Cup Wholewheat flour
a handful of Choco-chip
1 tablespoon of All Purpose flour
1 Cup Fresh Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated Coconut
3 tablespoon Yoghurt
2 tablespoon Canola Oil
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ ts[ Baking Soda
a Pinch of Salt
½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
¼ Cup Almonds & Walnuts mixed
To make Pumpkin Puree
- Peel the Pumpkin and remove all the seeds.
- Cube them and Take them in a Pan and Cook it in a low flame with ¼ Cup Water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take it off the flame and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and Puree the cubes in a blender.
To make the bread
- Preheat the Oven to 190C and Line a Loaf tin with parchment paper.Sift all dry ingredients thrice.
- Powder the sugar in a mixie and add to the oil. Cream it well.
- In Same Blender in which you pureed Pumpkin, add yoghurt and blend again till its creamy and add to the sugar-oil mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the sieved flour mixture to the wet ingredients and give it a nice stir. Do not overbeat. Now add the grated coconut, add nuts and half of the Choco Chips
- Pour the batter to the prepared tin and sprinkle the rest of the choco-chips and nuts on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes till its done and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 - 15 mins. Cut and serve
Baking time differs from Oven to Oven, So bake accordingly