Eggless Fruit Cake recipe | Fruit cake with milk | Whole wheat cake | Cake with jaggery | Whole Wheat cake with jaggery | Dried fruits cake | Quick and easy Fruit cake | No Alcohol fruit cake | No fruit juice Christmas cake | No Soak Christmas fruit cake | Quick and easy fruit cake recipe | How to bake a Christmas fruit cake | Christmas fruit cake without Nuts
Apricot and raisin cake is a delicious fruit cake made eggless, with whole wheat flour and sweetened with jaggery. A perfect recipe, close to the fruit cake for the festive season.
Table of contents
Come December, you will see your social media feed, buzzing with cookies and cakes to make the holiday season fun and food-tastic. I love to bake and I bake eggless and with whole wheat flour only.
Every December I bake this delicious and fool-proof Christmas fruit cake loaded with dried fruits and nuts, of-course eggless and no alcohol. Many of my friends have tried this loaded fruit cake and loved it. 🥰
It is more like a tradition in my close friends circle, where I bake few goodies along with this fruit cake for New year, which we follow till date. 🤞
Check this small collection of must bakes for this holiday season
Cookie Ideas for Christmas
Ingredients for making Apricot Cake with Jaggery
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons I bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- I have used both baking powder and baking soda to make these eggless fruit cake.
- Milk, liquid used to make these fruit cake with dried fruits.
- Apricots & raisin, I have used chopped dried apricots along with mixed black and golden raisins in the apricot raisin cake.
- Fat, I have used butter in this recipe, you can also substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavorings, I have used cinnamon powder, ginger powder, mixed spices like pepper and clove powder in this festive fruit cake.
Follow me on Social Media
How to Bake Apricot & Raisin Fruit Cake
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- I have given both measurements in weight and cups. Measure and keep all ingredients ready in room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease or line the baking tins with butter or parchment. I have used 2 baking pans of 6 inch. You can also use 1 8 inch cake tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and soda and all the spices. Whisk well to combine. To this flour mix add the chopped apricots and raisins.
- In another wide bowl, take milk and jaggery together, whisk well for the jaggery to dissolve. To this add butter and whisk well.
- Now slowly add the dry flour mix to the wet ingredients in batches. Use a whisk to combine.
- Divide the batter into the prepared tins and bake them in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake and let it sit in the cake tin for 5 minutes, then carefully unmold it on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the cake warm.
Recipe Card for Apricot & Raisin Cake
Apricot & Raisin Cake | Eggless Fruit Cake with Jaggery
- Convection oven
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk and spatula
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- Weighing Scale for measuring ingredients optional
- 350 grams Whole Wheat Flour approximately 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 210 grams jaggery approximately 1 cup
- 250 milli milk approximately 1 cup
- 100 grams melted butter approximately ½ cup
- 75 grams Chopped dried apricots
- 50 grams black and golden raisins mixed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon dried ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom and clove powder 4 cardamom, only seeds and 3 cloves pounded
- few sliced almonds for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease or line 2 6 inch baking pans with butter or 1 8 inch pan with butter or parchment. I have generously greased the cake tins with butter.
- Measure all the ingredients mentioned and keep it ready in room temperature on the kitchen counter.
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and cardamon clove powder and whisk well to get a uniform flour mix
- To the dry flour mix add chopped apricots and raisins. Mix well to combine. This ensures the fruit is distributed uniformly in the cake, instead of sinking to the bottom of the bake.
- In a wide bowl. add milk and jaggery. Using a whisk mix the jaggery well to dissolve.
- To this now add melted butter and whisk well.
- To this wet ingredients, slowly add the dry flour mix in batches and combine using a whisk.
- After adding all the flour to the wet mix, use a spatula and combine well. Make sure there is no dry flour in the batter.
- Divide the prepared cake batter into the cake tins. Tap gently to release any air inside.
- Sprinkle some chopped almonds on top. This is purely optional. If you don't prefer almonds you can use walnuts or even sprinkle apricots and raisins too.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake, comes out clean.
- Oven temperature and baking time differs from model to model. So keep an eye on the cake after 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove the cake and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Once it is cooled enough, slowly unmold the cake from the cake tin to wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- Allowing the cake to rest is very important before removing the cake from the tin. Been there and done that, be patience or you will end up with half the cake in the pan and half in your hand.
- Freshly baked cake stays good on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If storing for more time, i recommend refrigerating in an air-tight container. While serving cold cakes from the refrigerator, reheat the slice for 20 seconds in the microwave and serve warm
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
Enjoy these studded apricot and raisin fruit cake with jaggery with your friends and family for this holiday season.
Storing & Serving
Like I have mentioned in the recipe card, the cake stores well on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If storing for more days, I recommend refrigerating the cake in an air-tight container.
If serving cold cake from the refrigerator, reheat a slice for 20 seconds in the microwave and serve warm.
Wow No eggs and with cinamon flavor fantastic I can see the moist soft texture wonderful cake recipe Priya
very softy n yummy..
Looks fluffy and yummy.
very fluffy! bookmarking all the lovely eggless bakes!!
I can imagine this cake's taste. It must be so yummy. I love brown sugar in baking ,it really adds to the flavor a lot.
really awesome looking slice..do pass me one..and thanks for the lovely mention
cake looks so moist n soft...loved your eggless version...lovely recipe!!
OnGoing Event:kitchen Chronicles - Summer Splash
Ongoing Event : HITS~Fiber Rich Foods
looks so yummy..wonderful recipe!!
Looks delicious Priya.
The cake has come out so well.. I have always heard of raisins & dats combo..the apricot one is nice twist!
Ongoing Event : I'm The Star
vthout eggs ....very eager 2 try this.looks just yumm.kids will enjoy this surely....
i love this eggless version
awesome and yumm
Looks very inviting and I am bookmarking this
Now... you have tempted me to use the dried apricots I have.. gonna take inspiration from this recipe!!
Serve It - Stir Fried
I love eggless cakes and have bookmarked this one 🙂
This cake was amazing. I loved the combination of cozy flavors. Very good, thank you!
This cake looks delicious! A slice will be perfect with a cup of tea.
Love this cake for the holidays! With all those spices, it has such a nice warmth that's perfect for this time of year. Delicious recipe.
What a delicious flavour combination for a cake. It looks so light and fresh.
This is so good!! I love that it is eggless!! Really amazing!
Just looking at this is making my mouth water. It looks so good! I love all the fruit.
What a fantastic twist on a classic. Can't wait to try this recipe.
It looks so delicious and easy!This is such an easy and delicious recipe, I cannot wait to make it again!
I am just loving the apricots in these! Wish I had a slice right now. 🙂
Found the best eggless cake, easy to make, and tastes so good!
This is a delicious cake and I love the flavors in this cake. Making the cake with jaggery is a great idea.
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
I totally love how moorish this cake is with all that bites of apricot and raisins, and not to mention the almonds too... Love that it is sweetened with jaggery.... beautiful bake...