Potato & carrot soup, a quick and easy soup made in pressure cooker. An easy to make creamy soup, that's warm, cozy and comforting.Jump to Recipe
Who Doesn't Love a warm bowl of soup?
Don't you? We are in Mid-November. I just love the weather this time. It is neither hot nor cold. Perfect weather for picnics and park visits. In my part of the world, once the weather cools down, you could smell barbeque all through the weekend. Folks here will be busy buying BBQ stuff and off they go to public parks for a warm cozy weekend with friends and family.
With season change, comes the usual cold and cough. Especially if you have kids, they will let you know the change of season even before the weatherman.
I love soups, surprisingly my kids too love them. Soups are perfect meal on a wintery evening. A warm bowl of soup with a crusty, cheesy bread, ahh perfectly perfect meal. I love this hearty Barley vegetable soup, a filling soup with vegetables and soft cooked barley. If you prefer clear soups, then you would love this simple Ginger & lemon soup or this Osaman/Clear Lentil Soup
What do you need to make this Creamy Soup?
- Vegetables, i have used potato, carrot and celery for this potato carrot soup. Potatoes give the needed creaminess and carrots add to the vibrant color of the soup. Not to forget the loads of nutrition.
- Apart from the vegetables i have added onions and garlic too. They add to the sweetness and the punchy flavor to the soup.
- Liquid, I have made this soup with plain water, vegetable stock and milk. Using vegetable stock adds loads of flavor to the soup. In case you don't have stock handy, use a mix of milk and water and adjust the seasonings for a punchy flavor.
- Herbs, I love to keep my soups simple. I have used pav bhaji masala here apart from garlic and fresh black pepper powder.
Would you love some bread ?
Step by Step Instructions for making Potato carrot soup
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Wash and peel the potatoes, carrots and celery into rough chunks. Keep onions and garlic ready.
- Heat a pressure cooker with butter, add chopped onions and garlic, saute till translucent. Next dump the chopped potateos, carrots and celery into it.
- Add enough water/vegetable stock, salt and pav bhaji masala. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Let the pressure drip on its own, open the cooker, blend the soup to smooth liquid.
- Add 1 cup milk, thin down the soup, heat for another 8-10 minutes. Take it off heat, garnish it with freshly pounded pepper powder and serve hot.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan. You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
More Soup Recipes
Potato & Carrot Soup | Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 2 nos Potato peeled and cubed
- 2 no Carrots peeled and cubed
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 1 no onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon paav bhaaji masala
- 2 cups of water/vegetable stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pressure pan, add chopped onions and garlic and saute until onions turn pink. Next add cubed potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Saute for a minute or two and add 2 cups of water/stock, salt and paav bhaji masala. Mix well and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Once the pressure is down, blend the mixture using a hand blender, add extra water/milk to thin down the soup. I added a cup of milk to the soup.
- Heat the soup for 8 minutes in a medium flame. Take it off the heat, serve hot garnished with freshly ground pepper. I served along with naan-e-barbari for dinner
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
Serve this delicious and creamy soup for dinner with a crusty bread or as an appetizer for your next get together.
Any leftover soup can be refrigerated in an air-tight container for a day. Heat it in the microwave and serve it warm.