Mango and sprouts salad, a zesty summer salad made with raw mangoes and green moong sprouts. A hearty salad with fresh ingredients.
Mango salad | Raw mango recipe | How to make salad with raw mango | Quick and easy recipe with raw mango | Summer salad recipe | Hearty salad | Vegetable salad | Sprouts salad | Salad with moong sprouts | Moong sprouts recipe | Mango and bean sprout salad | No Cook recipe | Mango sprout salad | Asian style mango salad with sprout
Salad, Love or Hate
I love salads, my husband too likes a good salad. But its not the case with my kids. My younger is fine with occasional munching of cucumber and carrot sticks, but not a hearty bowl of salad. I should be happy that my younger fella is ok with cukes and carrot stick, my elder one would run a mile hearing the names of it. I m glad they eat enough veggies in their daily meal, so no fuss!
Since it is just me and my hubby I do have a free hand to experiment. Most loved salad at home is pasta salad, no doubts on that, even the boys are fine with this, i tell it is dry pasta and they eat. My personal favorites are this quinoa salad and bulgur salad colorful and hearty.
If you are looking for a Mexican style salad, check this rice and mixed bean salad with simple dressing. Indian household always has a pack of soaked chickpeas or black eyed peas in the freezer, so it is easy to make these quick and filling chickpea salad, blackeyed peas salad , black chana salad.
Ingredients for the Mango Sprout Salad
- Mango : use raw mango for the salad. I have used the normal raw mango which we get year round here in supermarkets. I would really love to try this with tothapuri variety mango, it has a good taste of sweetness and sourness.
- Sprouts : Green moong sprouts, i have used store bought sprouts. I have used raw sprouts in the recipe, you can also steam the sprouts for 5-8 minutes and use in the recipe.
- Other vegetables : I have used a cucumber, carrot along with some fresh coconut in the recipe.
- Seasonings : I have added a tadka of mustard seeds, green chilies with curry leaves to the salad.
- Toppings : I have added a handful of crunchy peanuts and pomegranate arils to the salad.
How to make Mango Sprouts Salad
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure and wash the sprouts and let it drain in a colander for 10 minutes. Wash and peel cucumber, carrot and raw mango. Chop all the veggies in to bite sized cubes.
- In a wide bowl, add all the chopped vegetables, to this now add the drained sprouts. Add fresh coconut to this and enough salt. Toss well.
- Heat a tadka pan with peanut oil, splutter mustard seeds, chopped green chilies, and curry leaves. Pour this sizzling tadka on the salad. Mix well.
- Finally add roasted peanuts and pomegranate arils to the salad. Toss and Let the salad sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Serve & Enjoy.
Follow me on Social Media
Click on your most used social media icon below and follow me!
Do you like the Salad? PIN IT
Mango & Sprouts Salad | Summer Salad | Mango Salad
- 1 small raw mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup Green moong sprouts
- 3 tablespoon fresh coconut
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 3 tablespoon peanuts
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 or 2 green chilies , finely chopped adjust according heat preference
- Wash the sprouts in water and let it drain in a colander. I have used raw sprouts in the salad recipe. You can also steam the sprouts for 5-8 minutes and add in the salad.
- Wash all the veggies in water. Peel the carrot, cucumber and raw mango. Chop them all in to uniform bite sized cubes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables into a wide bowl. Add the sprouts to this and toss well.
- To this now add fresh coconut and salt. Toss well.
- Heat a tadka pan with oil mentioned under tempering. When hot splutter mustard seeds, add chopped green chilies and curry leaves. pour this sizzling tadka over the salad
- In the same tadka pan, roast the peanuts and add it to the salad. Finally add the pomegranate arils, Toss to mix well.
- Let the salad sit covered for 10 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Then serve.
- Any leftover salad, can be refrigerated in an air-tight container and used within 4-5 hours. Since we have added salt, there is a chance of it leaving water, if stored for more time.
- If you are planning to make the salad ahead. Then add salt, peanuts and pomegranate just before serving. This way the salad wont leave water and will stay fresh while serving.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.