- Wash, Clean and Chop the Vendaya Keerai/Methi/Fenugreek Leaves.
- In a Pressure Pan, Heat Oil given under tempering, Splutter mustard seeds, add hing, turmeric, vendayam/methi/fenugreek, and curry leaves.
- Add Onion and saute till translucent, add tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Add the Fenugreek Leaves and Saute for a minute or two.
- Add Tamarind Water. Drain water from the dal and add it to the Cooker.
- Add Sambhar Powder, Coconut and Salt, mix well.
- Close the Pressure Cooker and Let it cook for 4-5 whistles in a Medium Flame.
- When the Pressure releases, Check the Consistency of the Sambhar, if it is too runny, let it boil for another 10 minutes.
- If doing Tempering 2, heat oil when it is hot, add broken red chilies, when it sizzles add it to the Sambhar. Serve with Steaming Rice.
Sending this to Healthy Food for Healthy Kids – Toddler Lunch Event, hosted by me, Event by Nithu and also to Healthy Morsel’s Baby and Toddler Food Event happening @ Taste of Pearl City