½ Cup Moong Dal
¼ Cup Couscous
1 green chili
¼ Cup Milk
2 sprigs of Curry leaves
1 teaspoon Ginger juliennes
1 tablespoon Ghee
Salt to taste
Roasted almonds flakes for garnish.
2 teaspoon Ghee/Vegetable Oil
½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
a few (4-5) peppercorns, cracked
¼ teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Pressure Cook Moong Dal with 1Cup Water for 4 whistles or until soft.
- In a Non-Stick pan/Kadai, Heat Oil given under tempering, when the oil is hot, throw in Cumin seeds, when it crackles, add curry leaves, green chili and cracked peppercorns.
- Next add Couscous, add milk and ½ Cup Water. Let it Cook for 10 minutes. It takes only this long for the couscous to cook, it will absorb all the liquid.
- Add Cooked Moong Dal to this and add the salt. Mix well.
- Let this cook for another 5 minutes, add Ghee Mix well. Add the Ginger Juliennes. Garnish with Roasted almonds and Serve Hot with Coconut Chutney.