Mango coconut ladoo, an instant dessert made with mango pulp and coconut, sweetened with condensed milk, a quick and easy dessert to celebrate any occasion.Jump to Recipe
Table of contents
Mango – King of Fruits
Last week i got some tinned mango puree and it was sitting on my counter for more than 10 days. This Diwali, I didn’t make any sweets or snacks, usually i make few sweets and snacks to distribute amongst friends. Though I got some gift boxes for my neighbors, i couldn’t do the same for my family friends.
I remembered bookmarking sandhya’s Mango coconut ladoo and with my love for mangoes, i couldn’t resist my urge to roll a ladoo with yumm mangoes. These delicious mango coconut ladoos, will be ready in less than 40 minutes. I got around 30 ladoos, the amount depends on the size you are going to make.
Mango Puree , I have used tinned kesar mango puree, i have also tried it with alphonso mango puree. Tinned puree has some sweetness, so i have adjusted the sweetness accordingly. You can also use fresh mango puree.
Dessicated coconut, i have used dessicated coconut in the ladoo. i haven’t tried it with fresh coocnut, but if using fresh coconut, make sure you roast them well to remove the moisture.
Cardamom, i have used cardamom as the flavoring agent here, you can use saffron or even try some warm spices like ginger too.
Ghee, I have used homemade ghee using Amul unsalted butter . You can also use butter.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
More Ladoo Recipes
Mango Coconut Ladoos
- Sauce pan
- 1.5 cups mango puree homemade/tinned, i have used tinned
- 1 tin condensed milk 400 grams tin
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 6-8 pods cardamom only the seeds
- 2 tablespoon ghee clarified butter
- Heat a wide pan, measure 1 tablespoon ghee, add the coconut to it and roast until the raw smell dissappears. You dont have to roast it until golden brown. Toast it for 2-3 minutes in a medium flame.
- To this now add mango puree, condensed milk and pounded cardamom. Keep the flame medium and stir the mixture frequently.
- Once the mixture comes together as a mass, take it off the stove and let it cool. Once it comes down and is warm to touch, divide the mixture into small balls and roll it in your palms.
- Roll the ladoos, on dessicated coconut and setaside. Rolling in dessicated coconut is optional, but gives a nice look to theladoos.
- Store them in an air-tight box in the refrigerator, i didnt want to keep them outside as it is made of coconut.
These are perfect for gifting, as they are easy to make and great on taste. i have received postive comments from my friends that the ladoos are out of the world, i also made a gulkand rose ladoo along with this for them. Do try this yumm and colorful mango ladoo for your next celebrations
These mango coconut ladoos are excellent treats for any festivities. If you are looking for interesting recipes with mango check the list below
- Mango mastani, a luscious mango milkshake
- Eggless No Bake Mango custard cheesecake, from Priya Suresh, Priya’s easy and tasty recipes.
- Mango fool, semi homemade dessert with mangoes, custard and whipped cream from Usha’s My spicy kitchen
- Mango Millet Payasam/Kheer, a creamy mango kheer made with foxtail millets
- Fruit salad with mango pulp, 4 ingredient dessert with fruits and mango pulp from Sandhya’s My cooking journey
- Mango Musk melon chia pudding, classy chia pudding with melons and mangoes
- Mango fruit leather, a childhood favorite from Veenas Vegnation
More Mango Recipes
If you like this recipe, PIN it