Musk melon & Mango smoothie, a vibrant and delicious fresh fruit smoothie combining flavors of the summer.Jump to Recipe
Table of contents
Melons & Mangoes
Fruit smoothies are my family favorite, easy to make and better than the bottled drinks available ready in the market.
Mango and musk melon both are summer fruits and we do get lots of fresh seasonal fruits here in UAE. Melons are my little ones favorite fruit. He loves rock melon and watermelon. This Watermelon salad, used to be his favorite, he will pick out the round watermelons scooped with melon baller and gobble it up, leaving us with the rest. When he was 2 years old, he used point the at the yellow pumpkins cut and kept in the supermarket, thinking they are his favorite rock melons.
After melons his favorite fruit, till date is mangoes. When he was 1 year old, we visited Tirupati as part of traditional ritual, he ran behind every hawker selling cut mangoes in Tirumala. My in-laws are mango maniacs. My father-in-law knows every variety of mango and which fruit seller will have them during their season. If we were in Chennai, during mango season, he would shower us with the best mangoes.
Today’s Melon & mango smoothie was made 5 years before when we were enjoying our vacation in Chennai, during the summers. The season for both melons and mangoes.
Since my little one loves both the fruits, I made a smoothie with them. A simple recipe, with milk. Just blend chunks of both the fruits, check and add sugar if needed.
If you want more of mango flavor, use little extra mango chunks if not equal amounts of both the fruits gives a good balance of flavors. If you love the taste of these 2 fruits together, then try this Mango-musk melon chia pudding
- Mango, I have used Banganapalle variety of mango for making this smoothie. But any juicy variety of mango can be used.
- Musk melon, I have used the yellow melon called as cantaloupe.
- Sugar, if needed. I have not used in this smoothie
- Milk, I have used regular cow’s milk, full fat. If vegan, replace it with plant-based milk.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan. You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
More Smoothie Recipes
Musk Melon & Mango Smoothie
- Indian style mixie or any blender
- 1 Fresh juicy Mango i used Bangapalle vareity
- ½ a Musk melon/cantaloupe flesh scooped out
- ½ cup milk
- Cut the mango, remove the flesh part alone. Don't forget to lick clean the seed.
- Remove the seeds of the melon, cut the fleshalone.
- Makes rough cubes of the fruits and take it in ablender. Blend smooth.
- Add milk and blend again. Serve immediately.
Serve this vibrant and delicious mango & melon smoothie immediately. This filling smoothie can be had for breakfast or as a snack.