Eggless pumpkin & coconut cake, soft and fluffy cake made with homemade pumpkin puree. A whole wheat, condensed milk cake, flavored with of cardamom and cloves. A warm and cozy festive bake.
Pumpkin Cake | Coconut Cake | How to bake a pumpkin cake | Eggless coconut cake | Eggless pumpkin cake | Cardamom flavored eggless cake | Festive Bakes | Christmas Bakes | Holiday Bakes | Condensed milk Cake | Eggless condensed milk cake
Pumpkin coconut cake, an aromatic bake with fresh homemade pumpkin puree and desiccated coconut. The spices, cardamom and clove takes the cake to the next level. A warm slice with a cup of hot coffee, makes it's perfect evening snack.
After baking Pumpkin chocolate chip loaf and a Vegan pumpkin chocolate chunk muffins, i wanted to try a bake with coconut. I have an old coconut cake recipe in the blog, tweaked this recipe in to today's pumpkin coconut cake.
This soft and fluffy pumpkin cake with coconut and spices tasted awesome. Loved the texture, specks of coconut seen like studded gems in each slice. A perfect cake for get togethers, not too sweet, warm with spices and wonderful flavors.
Both my kids enjoyed the cake for the school snack box. They both really enjoyed all the pumpkin bakes this year.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Ingredients for Pumpkin Coconut Cake
- Flour : Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Leavener : This delish pumpkin cake uses both baking powder and baking soda.
- Pumpkin puree, I have used homemade pumpkin puree, store bought puree should also work well with this recipe. Check how to make pumpkin puree here
- Sweetener, this delicious eggless pumpkin cake uses condensed milk, which also acts as Egg Substitute.
- Fat, I have used sunflower oil in this recipe, you can substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavors : i have used a good mix of cinnamon, dried ginger, cardamom and clove in this autumn bake with pumpkin.
- Add-ons : This aromatic pumpkin cake uses unsweetened, desiccated coconut
Step by Step Instructions for making Coconut Cake
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure all ingredients and let it be at room temperature. Especially pumpkin puree, if using frozen, remove it ahead, let it thaw and come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease or line the baking tins with butter or parchment. I have used 2 baking pans of 6 inch. You can also use 1 8 inch cake tin.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add cinnamon powder and ginger powder too and whisk well to combine.
- In a blender jar, take coconut, add cardamom and clove to it and pulse grind it to coarse powder. Add the blended coconut powder to the flour mix and whisk well to combine.
- In another large bowl, take together condensed milk, pumpkin puree, oil, and water. Mix well to form a uniform liquid.
- Slowly add ½ cup flour at a time, to the wet ingredients, using a whisk combine the flour into liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, pour the batter into a greased cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Apart from the cake tins, i also got 12 mini muffins out of the batter.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the pan to the wire rack. Let it cool down completely. Slice and enjoy.
- I usually leave the cake on the counter for a day, then refrigerate in an air-tight container.
Eggless Pumpkin & Coconut Cake | Condensed Milk Cake
- Convection oven
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk and spatula
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 400 grams condensed milk 1 tin
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 7 pods cardamom
- 4 cloves
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease or line two 6 inch baking pans with butter or one 8 inch pan with butter or parchment. I have generously greased the cake tins with butter.
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda , cinnamon powder and ginger powder. Whisk well to combine.
- In a blender jar, take desiccated coconut along with cardamom and clove. Pulse grind it 2-3 times. Add the ground coconut with spices to the dry flour mix and combine.
- In another wide bowl take condensed milk, pumpkin puree, add water and oil to this and whisk well to combine.
- Now add ½ cup flour mix at a time to the wet ingredients, using a whisk mix well to get a uniform batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased parchment laid cake tin. Tap the tin to release any air
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Apart from the two 6 inch cakes, i baked 12 mini muffins from the same batter. the muffins were done in 20 minutes.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Then slowly remove it with the parchment and let it sit on the wire rack to cool well.
- Slice the cake and enjoy it warm. I usually leave the cake for a day on the counter. Then refrigerate the cake in an air-tight box.
- .If serving the cake from the refrigerator, then reheat each slice for 10-20 seconds an serve warm.
- Baking temperature varies from oven to oven, so keep an eye on the bake after 30 minutes.
- if you are using frozen pumpkin puree in the bake, then keep it out of the freezer and let it thaw completely before using in the bake.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.