It's been a month since i cooked a relaxed meal like this. Somehow after vacation, it was always a hurry in the kitchen, festival, function and to top that the Mega BM cooking. So, i was busy making breads and no sides, it was either sour cream, cream cheese, icing sugar, or hummus to along with it. After all that hurry, burry, i cooked a curry today.
This Tandori Gobi was such a hit at home today. They didn't even leave the pan in which it was cooked, hubby and elder one, literally polished the pan clean, there is no need to wash that pan.
Source : Tarla Dalal
1 Big Cauliflower,roughly 3 cups of florets
2 nos medium onion, chopped
1 large capsicum, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup green peas, i used frozen peas
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 red chili
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp oil
For the Marinate
3/4 Cup Yogurt/Curd
2 tsp besan/gram flour
1 tsp grated ginger
1/ 2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
salt to taste
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into florets. I soaked them in warm salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Prepare the marinate by adding all the ingredients in a bowl large enough hold the cauliflowers too. Mix well, add the florets to it, toss well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin seeds, let it crackle, add chopped onions, red chili and garlic. Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Next add chopped capsicum and green peas. Cover and cook for about 5-8 minutes. Now add the marinated cauliflower florets along with the marinate. Mix well.
- Let this cook for about 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and the liquid is almost dry. Take it off the flame and serve it hot with roti's.