100 gms of Bhindi/Okra
100 gms of paneer/Cottage Cheese, i used frozen paneer
1 Large Onion
1 Large Tomato
1 tbsp Tomato Puree (purely optional, for the color)
1 green chilli, slited lengthwise
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tsp of shredded ginger
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds/jeera
1 tsp Kasuri methi
Salt to taste
Shredded ginger,Coriander for garnishing
- Wash the bhindi, pat it dry using a kitchen towel. Chop the crown of the Okra/Bhindi, and Chop each Okra/Bhindi into 2-3 pieces depending on the size.
- Chop Onion fine, Tomatoes into cubes. In case of using frozen paneer, then keep it soaked in hot water, until use.
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle cumin, add Chopped onion, green chili, chopped garlic, shredded ginger and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add Tomatoes and tomato puree and 1 Cup Water and add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder. Let this cook until the tomatoes are soft and oil oozes out.
- Add Bhindi to this a,Cover and Cook in a medium flame for 10-15 minutes. By this time the bhindi must be soft and cooked.
- Open the Cover, Add Salt and Cook until the curry is almost dry. At this point, drain the paneer from hot water and Add it to the curry and Mix well. Add dried fenugreek leaves to it and mix well. Let it sit on the stove in a simmer flame for another 8-10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Take it off the stove, garnish with fresh coriander and shredded ginger, Serve Warm with Roti’s.