Apricot banana smoothie, creamy delicious smoothie made with fresh apricots and bananas. Fresh fruits blended with full fat yogurt, makes this smoothie, a healthy and a hearty breakfast.
Smoothie for breakfast | Yogurt Smoothie | Fresh fruit smoothie | Oats smoothie | How to make Fresh apricot smoothie | Recipe with fresh apricots | Healthy breakfast with fruits | Fruits for breakfast
Smoothie For Breakfast
I m not a big breakfast person. Even though my mornings starts early at 5 am, I cannot eat anything until it is 10:30 am. I prefer to start my day with handful of nuts and a hearty smoothie. Most of the days I enjoy my protein shake, but there are days I want more than just a protein shake. Smoothies are my go to breakfast when I want a hearty breakfast. Handful of frozen fruits, blended with milk/yogurt with dash of oats and few nuts, makes a heavy breakfast and keeps me satiated for longer hours.
My personal favorites are yogurt smoothies blended with vegetables or sometimes fruits. Beets lassi, Amla lassi, Carrot & ginger lassi are my goto flavors. Recently i have started using oat milk and absolutely love it, makes no difference in taste, so if you are lactose intolerant or in a vegan lifestyle, oat milk is your best buddy.
Initially when i started making smoothies it was to make my kids eat fruits. My elder one despises fruits, even today, he is 17 by the way. Something that started as a way to feed my kids, slowly became our favorite breakfast/snack.
There is always a bag or two of frozen fruits in my freezer. I even portion mixed fruits in individual bags to make a quick glass for one. They come pretty handy for those sudden hunger pangs. Mixed berries smoothie and strawberry banana smoothie are in house favorites. There is always Banana nutella smoothie and apple chocolate smoothie for the chocoholics.
Smoothies need not be only with milk or yogurt, I love coconut water as the base for blending fruits. Check this coconut milk based Kiwi Strawberry smoothie and coconut water based Green grapes chia smoothie and plum banana smoothie
Ingredients to Make Banana Apricot smoothie
- Fruits : I have used fresh bananas and apricots to make this creamy smoothie.
- Liquid : I have used yogurt as the liquid in this smoothie. This adds volume to the smoothie.
- Nuts : I have blended some almonds into the smoothie to add some nuttiness. It also helps in satiety.
- Oats & honey : Oats in the recipe, helps in the texture and honey as sweetener, you can go ahead skip honey or use other alternatives in the recipe.
If you love fresh apricots, then you should try this fabulous looking honey roasted apricots . They make a wonderful appetizer for parties and are very versatile with plenty of toppings.
Apricot Banana Smoothie | Yogurt Smoothie | Breakfast Recipe
- 3 Fresh apricots
- 1 fresh Banana
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 5 almonds
- 1 cup yogurt chilled
- 2 tablespoon honey optional
- Remove the stones from the apricots and chop them roughly. Peel and cut the banana in to chunks.
- Take the chopped apricots and banana along with oats, almonds and yogurt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If adding honey, add it at the end, blend once and serve immediately.
- I prefer to serve the smoothies fresh and immediately. Because there is always a chance of coagulation when some fruits are mixed with milk products.
- If serving later, do not add honey. Refrigerate the smoothie, tightly cling-wrapped in serving glasses. Add sweetener just before serving. Do not refrigerate more than 1-2 hours.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.