A healthy combination of Dals with Rich taste of Cashew and Coconut. Addition of Spinach and Carrot makes this dal even more nutritious and complete in all taste.This Dal Can be served hot with Steamed Rice and also as an Accompaniment to Roti's too.
1 and ½ tablespoon Split red lentils/Masoor Dal
1 and ½ tablespoon Bengal Gram/Gram Dal
1 and ½ tablespoon Split green gram dal/dhuli Moong dal
2 tablespoon Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana, Soaked Overnight
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli poder
1 medium tomato, chopped
Salt to taste
1 and ½ tablespoon oil
1 Cup Chopped Palak leaves
1 Medium-sized Carrot, Shredded
2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
2 teaspoon grated jaggery
1 and ½ tablespoon lemon juice
1 and ½ teaspoon poppy seeds (khus khus), i didnt use it,since i dont get it here in UAE.
8-10 Cashew nuts, chopped
2 dried red chillies, broken into large pieces
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 and /2 tablespoon grated fresh coconut
- Soak all the three dals together for half an hour.
- For the masala, soak the poppy seeds and cashew nuts in one cup of water for 30minutes. Drain and grind to a fine paste with red chillies, coriander seeds, cloves and coconut.
- Pressure-Cook the dals and Kabuli Chana with three and half cups of water, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomato and salt until soft.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add spinach and carrot and saute for about five minutes.
- Add the cooked dals and kabuli chana, the ginger-garlic paste, jagger and ground masala, stir well and cook for one minute. Add half a cup of water and bring to boil.
- lower the heat and simmer for ten minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and serve hot.
The Dal had a strong smell of cloves, may be next time i might use 1 instead of 2.
The original recipe has used Cabbage, i have replaced it with carrots.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#12
Nice recipe... something similar to panchmel dal with veggies.
Wow. Such a healthy and delicious dal. Love the addition of ground masala. Yummy.
Protein packed and delicious.
Delicious dal dear...nice preparation..
Wat an interesting and super comforting dal,lovely side dish for rotis.
Love the kurma style dal.
I would love to give this a try..It looks awesome..Bookmarked it Dear..
this is something definitely for my family! love all the flavors!!
Very nice Priya..easy to make in one go!
yumm yumm and comforting!....a little with hot rice goes a long way!
The Pumpkin Farm
like the name most, loks delicious and yummy
This must be perfect to go with rotis. Nice one!
This looks something new..will surely give it a try....
A Kamalika Krishmy
will be a wonderful dish for rotis
Such a hearty daal with combination of veggies..a must make recipe.
That is a lovely combo of dals..
great dal recipe. hearing it for first time
This is new to me.Looks rich , creamy and yummy...
Combo dhal looks splendid!
Very interesting dhal...
Intrestin recipe Priya looks so yummm.