Apple Tart, quick and easy to make dessert with fresh apples and puff pastry sheets. A great make ahead dessert, pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.Jump to Recipe
Table of contents
🥟 Why Puff Pastry ?
Why not? First of all, it is easily available here, i know it is tough to source in some places. Secondly it is easy to shape them, as i type this recipe, i m getting, another 4 recipe ideas using them.
When i shared the strawberry braids made using puff pastry in FB, people thought it is rocket science. No, not at all, if i can do it, so do you.
Seriously, i suck pretty bad, making something beautiful. My friend calls me ‘Thatakai’, a demon from Indian Mythology. I cannot handle anything delicate, cannot do dainty cut veggies or beautiful looking shapes while cooking.😈
One of the most tedious task for me is to cut veggies thin, it was so frustrating while i was trying to make apple roses, i made 3-4 attempts, just because i couldn’t cut apples thin! 😰
So, people if you want a quick dessert, that looks pretty and tastes a billion bucks then this Apple tart is for you.
📋 The Ingredients for the Apple Tart
- Puff pastry, every grocery stores have it here, i always have a pack in my freezer. We need one 6×6 pastry sheet.
- Apples, i have used Royal gala, we get a variety of apples here, recently i tried them with the soft Iranian apples too.
- Spices, i have used cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg powder along with vanilla for the tart. All these spices give a warm feeling as the tart bakes.
- Butter, better not to miss it. I have not tried a vegan replacement in this recipe.
🥧 How to make French Apple Tart
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions.
- Thaw your pastry, remove the pastry from the freezer and stash it in the fridge for atleast 2 hours. 30 minutes before making the tart, remove the pastry to the counter.
- Wash the apples and cut it into thin slices. Take it in a bowl and toss it with lemon juice and spice powders.
- Roll the puff pastry into a 6 inch square. Poke with a fork all over. Brush it with butter. Arrange the apple slices neatly overlapping each other.
- Brush any leftover juices over the apples, refrigerate the tart for 10 minutes. Bake it in a preheated oven until golden brown
- Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You can share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan.
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
🍎 More Apple Recipes
French Apple Tart | Apple Tart with Puff Pastry
- Convection oven
- Measuring spoons
- 1 no puff pastry square (6×6)
- 1 no apple, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of clove and nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp butter for brushing the pastry sheet
- 2 tbsp apricot fruit jam or any fruit preserve to brush on the warm tart
- juice of a lemon
- Remove the puff pastry sheet from the freezerand thaw it in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Just 30 minutes,beforemaking the pastry remove and keep it on the counter
- Wash the apple and cut it into thin slices. Take them in a wide bowl, add brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, clove, vanilla extract and mix well. The apple slices must be coated well with the spices.
- Flour your work surface well, remove the puff pastry to the work-surface and roll it into a square of 6 inches. using a fork, prick all over the pastry sheet.
- Place the rolled pastry sheet on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush the surface generously with butter.
- Arrange the spice-coated apples neatly on the pastry sheet, overlapping one another. The dessert looks pleasing to the eyes, because of this arrangement of apples, so be patient and arrange properly.
- Spoon 1 or 2 tsp of juice on top of the apples. Keep the prepared pastry for 10 minutes inside the fridge for 10 minutes. Preheat the Oven to 220C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the pastry for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is evenly brown and apples look shriveled. Baking time varies from oven to oven, so bake accordingly.
- Remove the tart from the oven to a wire-rack. Brush the tart with fruit jam, while it is warm. let it cool well. Cut the tart into 4 and serve it warm with a generous scoop of Vanilla Ice-cream.
These pretty looking french apple tarts are quick and easy dessert to make to satiate your dessert pangs. A great dessert to make for parties and get-togethers just pair it with a tub of ice-cream