Usually after Navrathri, we use up the coconut kept in the kalasam by making any sweet out of it. I had 4 coconuts lying around in the kitchen, i still have 3 out of them. So, with the kalasam coconut, it was 5. So, i made this Kesar Pista Coconut Burfi using 2 of them. It is a pretty easy sweet to make, you got to put everything together and stir a bit. Only care to be taken is not to scrape the coconut clean along with the brown peel of it.
3.5 Cups Freshly grated Coconut
2 Cups of Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Water
2 generous pinches of Saffron
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
2-3 tbsp ghee + 1 tsp for greasing the plate.
- Grease a flat plate with ghee and keep aside until need. Take everything except Ghee in a heavy-bottom kadai, Mix everything well and cook it in a medium flame.
- Keep stirring frequently, when the liquid has almost evaporated, add ghee and mix well and keep stirring.
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and moves along your ladle. It is time to transfer it into the greased plate.
- Transfer the mixture on to the greased plate, smoothen the top using a greased bowl or parchment paper. When it is warm make markings using a knife,on top of the burfi.
- Let it cool well completely. Break the burfi along the marked lines and store it in an air-tight container. I stored in the refrigerator, since it was there for more than a 3 days.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#45