When I decided to make carrot pikelets for breakfast, I looked for a fancy dip/sauce to go with it. While browsing for ideas, I came across cream cheese with maple and plain cream cheese whipped with sugar or honey. But, I wanted something chocolatey to woo my elder kiddo to try this delicious combo. So, I went with chocolate cream cheese dip, which served many purposes at the same time. Both the kiddo's loved the combo, the dip which was left over was licked clean by both of them as ice-cream.
This dip goes great with pancakes, fresh fruits, even on ice-creams. The dip when refrigerated for long holds shape well. Since i refrigerated only for 20 minutes, it was more like a sauce. When i served it in the evening for my hubby, it was holding stiff.
Inspired from Five heart home
1/2 cup Philadelphia cream cheese
42 grams dark chocolate (i used Lindt 70% cocoa)
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt. I MW it @ high for a minute and half.
- Let it sit for a minute outside. To this melted chocolate, add the whipping cream and whisk well to get a homogeneous chocolate cream. Set it aside until use.
- Now take cream cheese and sugar together and whisk well until fluffy. I used my mixer to do this since it was little quantity.
- Once it turns fluffy and light, add this chocolate cream to this and beat again for another 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer it to another bowl and refrigerate until use. Use this serve along with fruits or pancakes for a delicious and yummy breakfast/snack. I served it along with Carrot pikelets.
- The dip when refrigerated for long holds shape well. Since I refrigerated only for 20 minutes, it was more like a sauce.
- When I served it in the evening for my hubby, it was holding stiff and was more like ice-cream, and my kids licked clean the bowl.