Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread,which may be topped with herbs or other ingredients. It is similar in style and texture to pizza, but not considered to be the same. This Bread is my To-Do List for a very long time. Though i made this long back, didn’t have time to do the post. Now since i m taking a little pause in blogging, meaning though i cook everyday, i dont take any pictures of what i cook!!! 🙂 I thought of clearing up my Blog Photos Folder, so there lies this snap of Foccacia, looking at me and asking “Are you going to use me or not????. Ok, Very well , will post you tonight. Here i am sitting @11:30 night and doing some justice for the Photo taken long back!!!! Junior2 might get up anytime sensing his mama has got some free time and she is spending it nicely with his enemy Laptop, so i got to finish before he sends his warning signals!!! 🙂 Here come the recipe
Recipe Source : Gayathri Cook’s Spot
1/3 Cup Warm Water
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1/4 tbsp Instant yeast
1 tsp Oregano and Basil(mixed)
- Grease a Square/Rectangle Baking pan with oil and lay a parchment paper.I used a Square Pyrex pan.
- In a wide bowl, mix together flour, water, yeast, salt and oil and prepare a sticky dough. Works easy with a Wooden Spoon. I used my Wooden Spatula which i used for my non-stick!!! 🙂
- Transfer the dough to Bread pan. (Ohhhh, you love the texture of the dough!!!)
- Grease your finger tips and press the dough into the sides and corners. Level the dough. Cover with a wrap and allow it to rise for an hour.
- When double in size, Grease your finger tip and make dimples on the surface. This ensures that the bread remains flat during baking
- Coat the top with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the herbs.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Bake for 30-40 minutes or till the crust is brown in colour. Remove to a wire rack and let it cool for 5 minutes.Remove the bread from the tray and cool it completely on the wire rack.