Magic shell, a simple chocolate drizzle with coconut oil, that magically hardens when topped on your favorite ice-cream. The magic happens because of the coconut oil, which when touches the cold ice-cream/shakes hardens immediately. I totally love this toppings, as it contains very simple ingredients, nothing fancy. There are many recipes involving chocolate/cocoa powder, corn syrup/honey, i have used the one with cocoa powder and honey. You can even use simple chocolate and coconut oil to make this magic drizzle.
As i was clicking the final picture of hard shell, i went into the kitchen to fetch something, and that gap my lil one started digging into the ice-cream bowl. I didnt have patience after that to click another bowl. Will post a new picture tomorrow of the magic shell coated stick or scooped ice-cream.(Pictures Updated)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of vanilla extract (optional)
a pinch of sea salt. (optional)
- In a sauce pan, take together, coconut oil, cocoa, honey and whisk well to combine. Keep this on a low heat and keep whisking.
- Take it off the stove after 3-5 minutes, when it is mildly hot. It should be hot to combine well. Take it off the heat.
- I heated the mixture in Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Take it out, stir in the vanilla and sea salt, if adding. Whisk well to combine.
- Let it cool, drizzle it on top of your favorite ice-cream. Wait for 30 seconds for the magic to happen, the chocolate drizzle, dries and hardens well.
- I couldn’t capture it that well, the moment i drizzled and turned my back, my lil one came and started to dig into the ice-cream, will do another capture again and post a decent picture tomorrow.